Alex Annie Alexis Ann is the 19th episode of Season 9. It aired on April 22nd, 2014.
|There was something about being there... It felt pure.|
This episode summary is an official CW press release. It may contain errors.
DO NOT CHANGE!
Sheriff Mills (guest star Kim Rhodes) calls Sam and Dean after she kills a vampire who attacked a prisoner named Annie (guest star Katherine Ramdeen). They discover Annie was kidnapped by a family of vampires who use her as bait to lure in humans they can then feed on. Sheriff Mills tries to rescue Annie from her captors, but finds out the hard way that family always comes first.
Annie arrives in Sioux Falls, South Dakota where she is arrested by Deputy Frank and thrown in jail. After getting a breaking and entering call, Frank leaves her alone and her vampire "brother" Cody arrives, having hunted her down. Scared, Annie cowers until Sheriff Jody Mills arrives and decapitates Cody with a fire axe. Annie refuses to thank Jody as Cody was her "brother."
Jody calls in Sam and Dean for help. While Sam and Dean check to see if the girl is a vampire, Jody does a DNA check on her and finds out that her name is Annie Jones and she was kidnapped eight years before. Annie, demanding to be called Alex, explains that her vampire "family" took her and that she ran away, but she refuses to help them hunt the vampires down. Sam and Dean figure out that the vampires are probably in O'Neill, Nebraska from a bus ticket Annie had and ask Jody to take her someplace to protect her. Jody agrees to take Annie to her old family cabin in the woods.
After learning that Annie has run away, the head of the nest, Celia, and her "family" work to track her down, hunting down the two bus station workers who helped her flee town. Celia is angry when one insults her "family" and after getting what they need from her, has her "sons" kill the woman. Celia, Connor and her other son leave for Sioux Falls, South Dakota where Annie fled to, leaving Dale to dispose of the bodies in a woodchipper near their nest.
At the cabin, Jody orders Annie not to run away and is annoyed by her cold attitude even when asking about Jody's dead family. Annie slowly warms up to Jody who tells her that her grandmother, her last living relative, is dead. Later, Sam and Dean call her to warn her about the vampires coming after her and what they have learned about Annie, which they have discovered from interrogating Dale,. However, the vampires arrive at that moment and attack the cabin. Jody tries to keep them from taking Annie, but is knocked out in the struggle. When Sam and Dean return in the morning, they inform Jody that they learned that Annie is used as a lure by the vampires and is not as innocent as she seems and tell her they intend to raid the nest with rescuing Annie being a secondary priority. Jody refuses to be left behind and joins them in hopes of rescuing Annie.
At the nest, the three split up and Jody follows moans into the basement where she finds Annie, half-turned into a vampire. Jody is horrified and while she is distracted, the "mama" vampire Celia knocks her out from behind. When Jody wakes up, Celia tries to get Annie to feed on her to finish her transformation, but Annie refuses as Jody was so nice to her. Jody realizes that Celia lost a daughter named Alex and kidnapped Annie and renamed her to fill that void in her life which she admits she's been trying to do too, with the void created by the death of her family. Celia admits this, but then beats on Jody and goes to drain her of blood. Jody is saved when Annie injects Celia with dead man's blood, incapacitating her. Jody, telling Annie not to watch, decapitates Celia as Sam and Dean, having dispatched the other vampires, come to help her.
Afterwards, as Annie hadn't yet drunk human blood and therefore not yet fully transformed, Sam and Dean are able to use Celia's blood to cure her, and Jody takes Annie back to her cabin to recover. Sam and Dean warn her that it will be a rough few days for Annie, but she should be fine, then both apologize for what they said about her before, they admit they were wrong. But Jody admits that they were in fact right about her trying to use Annie to fill the void in her life and tells them that she intends to take care of her. Jody talks to Annie who is sick from the vampire cure and tells her that she will be there for her as she understands what it's like to lose one's entire family.
- Katherine Ramdeen as Annie Jones
- Ashley Crow as Celia
- Reilly Dolman as Connor
- Jarrett Knowles as Cody
- Greyston Holt as Dale
- Bill Marchant as Deputy Frank
Featured Supernatural BeingsEdit
- Jody previously appeared in "Rock and a Hard Place".
- The episode title is a play on the title of the 2011 psychological thriller Martha Marcy May Marlene.
- Jody mentions the loss of her husband and son, who both died "horribly" in the Season 5 episode "Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid", the episode in which Jody made her first appearance.
- "If You Wanna Get To Heaven" by The Ozark Mountain Daredevils
- Sam: Yeah, that's a vamp all right.
- Dean: I don't know Sammy, looks like Jody might not need our help anymore.
- Dean: And they didn't love you. They loved your blood. They fed on you.
- Alex: I fed them. My choice. My brothers—they brought me food when I was hungry. So when they struck out on a hunt, I fed them. They're my family.
- Alex: This is your family?
- Jody: Yes.
- Alex: Where are they?
- Jody: ...
- Alex: Oh, dead.
- Jody: You know there are about a thousand more polite ways to say that, I'll give you a pass on account of the whole being raised by monsters thing.
- Alex: How'd they die?
- Jody: Horribly.
- Dean: You don't want to talk. No skin off my back. 'Cause you see, a blood-sucking, body-chipping vamp—that's bad enough, but vamps that kidnap kids... Well, I'm going to enjoy putting you down.
- Dale: Let me guess. You never had a teenage sister. Dragging her heels, whining, near constant, about everything, but more and more about blood, like she's somehow above it, like she's better than us 'cause she don't feed on people.
- Dean: She is better than you, dumbass.
- Sam: Nice work back there. "Look at me, bitch"?
- Dean: Well, hey, you got another snappy one-liner, I'm all ears.
- Jody: You don't have to explain. I know. Whatever you want from me, I'll give it. If you want, I'm here. But what you've been through the last 48 alone, losing your entire family, everything you've ever known or loved—no one can understand that.
- Alex: You can.