Powers and AbilitiesEdit
As the creators of their specific species, each of them are much more powerful because of literally being the first of their kind.
- Telepathic Link - They possess a telepathic link to their children, allowing them to track or communicate with them over great distance. They can also learn knowledge their children possess. Although all monsters possess a link to Eve, the alphas possess a stronger link.
- Super Strength - Alphas possess impressive levels of strength, at least comparable to the high-level demons. The strongest alphas may also in some measure rival that of leviathans.
- Super stamina - Their durability and pain thresholds are far superior to the rest of their species.
- Immunity - Alphas are more resistant to certain weapons that harm lesser members of their races. For example, the alpha shapeshifter is immune to silver and the alpha vampire demonstrated a high degree of resilience to dead man's blood. Also, the alpha shapeshifter was only slowed down by an amount of tranquilizer fluid that would have taken down an elephant.
- Immortality - Even if their species is not immortal, the alpha is, provided they are not killed. This is supported by the fact that while shapeshifters are not immortal, their alpha did not die until recently, when he was beheaded by Crowley, despite having been alive the last time Eve, the Mother of All, walked the Earth, when all alphas were created.
- Endurance - The alpha vampire was not even phased by being electrocuted, so it stands to reason the other alphas have an extreme pain threshold as well.
- Enhanced abilities - All skills that are owned by their own offspring alphas own on a considerably higher level.
- The Colt - It can kill monsters.
- Death's Scythe - It can kill anything.
- The First Blade - It can kill almost anything.
- Leviathans - They can kill any kind of monster.
- Primordial Entities - Archangels, God, Death, and the Darkness can easily annihilate alphas.
- Eve - As their mother, Eve can kill alphas.
- Hordes of demons - A group of three black-eyed demons were able to capture a badly weakened alpha vampire.
- Alpha Vampire
- Alpha Shapeshifter (Deceased)
- Alpha Skinwalker (mentioned)
- Alpha Werewolf (mentioned by Crowley)
- Alpha Djinn (mentioned indirectly by Crowley)
In the ShowEdit
The alpha vampire is kidnapped and taken by Samuel and Christian for interrogation, it reveals Samuel's motives of locating Purgatory. It seemed very interested in the fact that Sam had no soul. It escaped the Campbell's custody and snapped Christian's neck in a fight. It was about to turn Sam when Christian injected it with dead man's blood, which weakened it. Three demons then restrained the alpha, teleporting him away to Crowley's prison. Although snapping Christian's neck had no effect on the demon that was currently possessing him, the Alpha killed the actual Christian.
The alpha skinwalker (off-screen) rallies an army of Skinwalkers who are ordered to turn the families of the pets they are posing as when directed. Also at the beginning of the episode, Crowley alludes to the existence of an alpha Werewolf.
The alpha shapeshifter appears in the beginning of the episode taking the form of Crowley's host. He was being tortured by Crowley and was killed by a beheading because he would not tell him the location of Purgatory. Weapons made of iridium are capable of harming the alpha shapeshifter. At the conclusion of the episode, Castiel clears out Crowley's prison of all the monsters, of which it is mentioned at least a few alphas were there that were destroyed.
The alpha vampire returns, having escaped Crowley's prison before it was destroyed. The Winchesters need his blood to help stop the leviathans as the blood of an alpha is one of the ingredients needed for Bone Of Righteous Mortal Washed In the Three Bloods of Fallen. After learning that the leviathans intend to wipe out his race and when Sam and Dean save him from Edgar, the alpha vampire gives them his blood without a fight.