Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|You think his friends just called him Yellow Eyes? He had a name.|
This article is about a canonical individual whose real name is unknown, and is known only by a conjectural title, nickname or alias.
It was the first shapeshifter created by Eve. Its age remains unclear, but as the stories of its children are around thousands of years old, it is likely the alpha has been alive since its mother last walked the earth, ten thousand years ago.Two And A Half Men", this shapeshifter starts gathering a following of its 'offspring' and is apparently reproducing with women by morphing into their husbands. When Sam and Dean rescue one of its children, the alpha storms the Campbell's compound and kills Mark Campbell, overcoming several gunshot wounds and tranquilizer darts, as well as a silver knife to the heart. This shapeshifter is able to transform in just a few seconds without shedding its skin. It then takes the baby from Dean, but doesn't kill him.
In "Caged Heat", Crowley interrogates the alpha shapeshifter on Purgatory's location. Crowley then reveals that iridium, although expensive (saying that dropping a castle on him would be cheaper) and rare, is capable of damaging and even killing the alpha shapeshifter. He threatens to kill the shapeshifter's offspring that he currently has captured, but the alpha shapeshifter still refuses and tells Crowley that more shapeshifters would be produced if he killed the others. Crowley beheads the alpha.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
The alpha shapeshifter has all the traits and abilities of normal shapeshifters, although at unbelievable levels. It also has several unique powers, which come with being an alpha.
- Shapeshifting - It can morph its body to match any human appearance. Unlike the majority of its children, it does not shed or peel off its skin while altering its shape. It can change its form in seconds and it can also copy clothing. Its shapeshifting ability was such that it was akin to the shapeshifting of stronger beings like Eve and the leviathans.
- Superhuman Strength - Its strength is monumental compared to that of all other shapeshifters, being able to overpower four hunters simultaneously, lift a grown man into the air with one hand, and rip a solid iron door off its hinges. He was also able to choke Dean to near unconsciousness.
- Regeneration - Able to heal wounds caused by knives and bullets incredibly quickly.
- Immortality - It can live forever, provided it isn't killed by decapitation or iridium.
- Superhuman Stamina - Its durability and threshold for pain are extremely high, being only susceptible to iridium, though decapitation works too. According to Samuel, the alpha merely chuckled when shot with an elephant tranquilizer.
- Immunity - Unlike lesser shapeshifters, the alpha is immune to silver.
- Telepathy - Like all alphas, he has a telepathic link to its children, thus allowing him to locate them, regardless of where they are.
- Iridium - Crowley used the knife to torture the Alpha and said that it could even kill it.
- Decapitation - Crowley killed the alpha by decapitation, though this may only have worked because it was an iridium machete.
- The Colt - Like all monsters, the alpha likely can be killed by this gun, since this gun can kill almost anything.
- The alpha shapeshifter is the first and only alpha to be killed in the series so far.