Arachnes are supernatural creatures who have abilities similar to those of spiders. They appeared in Unforgiven.
An arachne is a creature that can create strong webs, just like real spiders can do, so they can trap their victims with ease. They are also capable of changing humans into arachnes by biting them, in order to propagate their species. Arachnes can even kill humans with poisoning through their bites. It is implied that they feed upon human flesh, but this has not been confirmed visually. Their vision is also like that of actual spiders; due to their multiple eyes, their field of vision is split into several images.
They bear some physical resemblance to spiders, such as their white eyes with large sky-blue irises and black pupils, and their crusty skin. However, they can appear like normal humans as seen in Unforgiven.
Powers and abilitiesEdit
Their powers resemble the abilities of a spider.
- Super strength - Arachne have incredible physical strength, they are able to throw a fully grown man across a room with no difficulty.
- Enhanced agility- Able to move with incredible flexibility
- Super speed - Able to move faster than any human
- Web creation - Like real spiders, they can spin strong webbing in which they imprison their victims.
- Invulnerability - Arachne are invulnerable to bullets and fire.
- Venom - Arachne venom is lethal, and like spiders they pass it through bites, and is used to change humans into arachne.
- Decapitation - Arachnes can only be killed by having their heads removed.
- Death's Scythe - It can kill anything.
- The First Blade - It can kill anything.
- The Colt - The Colt kill almost any supernatural being, with five exceptions.
Arachnes were last seen in Crete, two thousand years ago, before one turned up in Bristol Rhode Island. There it began attacking thirty-year old men; Sam and Samuel, hunted it, along with the help of local sheriff Roy Dobbs, however, following Sam's plan, he was captured, but the two managed to track it back to its lair, where after a fight, Sam managed to kill it.
However, it had already infected its victims; thinking they were dying, Sam shot them all seeing it as an act of mercy, in his soulless state, and then burned the bodies, but by this point they were no longer human, so they survived, and once Sam was gone, they ran.
However, Roy returned, hell-bent on revenge; he started taking out and turning girls Sam had something with, and sent him the coordinates, to lure him to him, but as Sam had lost his memory when he regained his soul, he didn't understand until it was too late.
Roy captured both Sam and Dean, at his old house; there he pondered whether to kill or convert Sam, however, Dean managed to break free, and in the struggle, Roy's wife freed Sam, who managed to kill Roy. The only surviving Arachnes remaining are the victims the female Arachne turned as well as the women whom Roy turned.
- Roy Dobbs (deceased)
- Female Arachne (deceased)
- Female Arachne's first victims
- Various women turned by Roy