Beat the Devil is the 21st episode of Season 13. It aired on May 3, 2018.
|There was something about being there... It felt pure.|
This episode summary is an official CW press release. It may contain errors.
DO NOT CHANGE!
Sam, Dean, Castiel and Gabriel (guest star Richard Speight Jr.) must work together if they have any hope of bringing Mary (guest star Samantha Smith) and Jack home. Meanwhile, Rowena's (guest star Ruth Connell) encounter with Lucifer may alter the outcome of the journey for one of our heroes.
- Jared Padalecki as Sam Winchester
- Jensen Ackles as Dean Winchester
- Mark Pellegrino as Lucifer
- Misha Collins as Castiel
- Alexander Calvert as Jack
- Richard Speight Jr. as Gabriel
- Ruth Connell as Rowena MacLeod
- Samantha Smith as Mary Winchester
- Katherine Evans as Maggie
- Michael Patric as Floyd
- Trevor Lerner as Bartender
Featured Supernatural BeingsEdit
- Angel (Naomi, mentioned only)
- Archangels (Lucifer and Gabriel; Michael, mentioned only)
- Nephilim (Jack)
- Seraph (Castiel)
- Vampires (TBA.)
- Witch (Rowena MacLeod)
- Castiel and Rowena MacLeod previously appeared in Funeralia.
- Lucifer previously appeared in Bring 'em Back Alive.
- A rift was previously featured in Bring 'em Back Alive.
- Vampires were previously featured in Breakdown.
- A grace of an Archangel was previously seen in Bring 'em Back Alive.
- The Archangel Blade was previously seen in The Thing.
- The Black Grimoire was previously seen in Various & Sundry Villains.
- The Demon Tablet Alternate Reality Rift Opening Ritual was previously used in The Thing.
- Team Free Will 2.0 was previously reunited in Tombstone.
- Sam and Dean are reunited with their mother for the first time since Season 12's All Along the Watchtower and Jack for the first time since The Bad Place.
- The Dayton outpost previously appeared in Unfinished Business.
- The episode was watched by 1.39 million viewers and got a 0.4 rating. This is the second lowest rated episode of the season behind War of the Worlds.
- This is the first time since Season 8 where the 21st episode of a season is not written by Brad Buckner and Eugenie Ross-Leming.
- This is the first episode of the season not written by Steve Yockey to feature Rowena MacLeod.
- This episode marks the first time Lucifer meets Jack.
- It is also the first time Gabriel meets Jack.
- This is the second episode of the season to feature all the main characters with Lost & Found being the first one.
- This episode is the first time Lucifer sees Rowena MacLeod since All Along the Watchtower in Season 12 and Gabriel since Hammer of the Gods in Season 5.
- Ironically, Lucifer believed to have killed both of them in those episodes.
- In the previous episode, Dean told Sam he died the last time the Apocalypse started.
- Ironically, Sam ends up dying like Dean stated.
- Sam is resurrected by Lucifer, something Lucifer once said he would do if Sam killed himself during the Apocalypse.
Behind the ScenesEdit