|“||"It's over. You and Dean dying and coming back again and again. The old Death thought it was funny. But now, there's one hard, fast rule in this universe. What lives... dies."||”|
— Billie to Sam Winchester
in Form and Void
In Form and Void, Sam Winchester heard her singing "O' Death" in Nuckolls County Medical Center while she was reaping the souls of the dead caused by the release of the Darkness. She told him that despite being disappointed over him and Dean killing her boss, Death, people were still dying and would have to be reaped. She also told Sam that him and Dean would no longer be able to continue dying and coming back, because while the old Death found it funny, she said that what lives will die. She claimed that when Sam or Dean die, whatever reaper got the privilege to reap them wouldn't send them to Heaven or Hell or even Purgatory, but send them to the Empty, where there would be no coming back. She also told him that he was dying, and was "unclean in the biblical sense" and hoped to be able to reap Sam herself.
Billie appeared again in The Devil is in the Details, guarding an entrance to Hell. Dean went to see her in order to get into Hell and save Sam from Lucifer. After Dean sung the password, Billie gave him a witchcatcher for Crowley, and sent him on his way. She would later be visited by Castiel, transported to her location by Amara.
When Dean believes Sam to have died from a gunshot wound in Red Meat , he also "dies" in order to speak with Billie. Billie takes her time savoring the moment, pleased to have the chance to reap Dean, but Dean offers his life in exchange for Sam's, knowing him to be the one to defeat the Darkness. Dean fails to provide Billie an answer as to how Sam is able to do this. Billie does not fulfill Dean's wish, stating that the answer will always be "no", and reveals that Sam is alive. Dean is, shortly after, revived, at which Billie is forced to leave.
In Alpha and Omega, Billie witnesses the Winchesters suck up the thousands of ghosts in the Waverly Hills Sanatorium and travels to the Bunker to find out what they were doing. After hearing their plan to use souls to destroy the Darkness, Billie offers her help. Billie raids the Veil and gets the Winchesters a couple of hundred thousand souls for their weapon before leaving, telling them that when they need souls, they should call a Reaper.
In Celebrating The Life Of Asa Fox, Billie appears outside of the house of dead hunter Asa Fox and tells Dean that something is killing hunters inside and she had already reaped a soul within. Billie is amused by Dean's efforts to get in and agrees to get him inside in exchange for him owing her one. Billie is able to throw Dean through the warded door and into the house. The next morning, Billie appears and tells Dean he owes her one: Mary Winchester. Billie tells them she's a believer in that what's dead should stay dead and states that she can tell that Mary doesn't want to be alive and offers her mercy by taking her to Heaven. After Billie confirms that she can't kill Mary due to the rules, Mary declines and Billie tells the Winchesters that if any of them ever change their mind, to call her. Billie then disappears.
In First Blood, a desperate Dean calls Billie for help for escaping from Site 94. Billie makes a deal bound in blood with the Winchesters where she will kill them for a time and then bring them back to give them a chance to escape. In return, one Winchester must die for good at midnight. At midnight, Billie appears in the road, stops Mary's car, explains the deal and demands the Winchesters keep up their end of the deal. Mary offers herself up in her sons' place and goes to take her own life, but before she can, Castiel kills Billie from behind with an angel blade, stating that the world can't afford to lose any of the Winchesters.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
Billie is a powerful Reaper, displaying many abilities.
- Invisibility - Billie can become invisible and visible at will.
- Immortality - As a Reaper, Billie is not subjected to age, diseases and hunger.
- Banishing - Billie said that when the Winchesters will die, she will banish them to The Empty.
- Intangibility - Billie, as a Reaper can become intangible at will.
- Soul Control - Billie was able to pull hundreds of thousands of ghosts out of the Veil and into a crystal to act as a weapon against the Darkness.
- Chronokinesis - Billie was able to freeze and speed up time when she was about to reap Dean.
- Teleportation - Billie is able to appear and disappear at will.
- Localization - Billie has shown to be able to track down Dean and Sam's whereabouts.
- Extending Intangibility - Billie was able to get Dean into a warded house by throwing him through a door.
- Biokinesis - Billie was able to stop Sam and Dean's hearts.
- Resurrection - As per her deal with the Winchesters, Billie resurrected them hours after killing them.
- Electrokinesis - Billie was able to make Mary's car lose power and stop.
- Telekinesis - With a wave of her hand, Billie flung Sam and Dean to the ground.
- Angel Blade - An angel blade was used to kill her.
Billie, like most reapers loyal to Death, is adamant about maintaining the Natural Order and following the rules regardless of circumstances. She is dedicated to her job and like her late boss, she finds the idea of reaping the Winchesters to be quite an honor.
Due to the demise of Death, she has chosen to work with Crowley and assist him during times of need. They are implied to be in a romantic relationship, which shows that Billie is willing to bend the rules at times, though she refers to this alliance as a result of "desperate times".
Billie is a rather straight forward individual and if not for the rules, she would have been demanding and relentless in her goals, such as reaping Sam, Dean and Mary without their required consent. She clearly holds some sort of grudge against them, but refuses to act upon it and agrees to help them when they really need it. However, this grudge may have lessened over time as her pitch to Mary about coming with her was more sympathetic than demanding and she kindly offered the same peace to the other Winchesters in a non-threatening manner as she has done before. However, when Mary tried to sacrifice herself in her sons place, Billie had an obviously eager look on her face before Castiel killed her.
Billie may have a sense of humor, rare in many angels and reapers, such as when Castiel popped into her quarters and she merely greeted him with a half-amused expression.
Physical Appearance Edit
Billie takes the form of a dark-skinned woman with dark curly hair that touches her shoulders. She is only shown wearing black leather clothing.
- Season 11
- Season 12
- Billie is one of two reapers to have a recurring role; the other being Tessa.
- It is implied that Billie's alliance with Crowley is based on a romantic, if not sexual relationship, judging by the suggestive way they look at each other.
- When Dean killed the Reaper possessing April Kelly, the angel blade was covered up with blood. However when Castiel killed Billie, the blade was clean, meaning Billie did not possess a vessel.