Breakdown is the 11th episode of Season 13. It aired on January 25, 2018.
|There was something about being there... It felt pure.|
This episode summary is an official CW press release. It may contain errors.
DO NOT CHANGE!
Donna (guest star Briana Buckmaster) calls Sam and Dean for help after her niece, Wendy (guest star Sarah Dugdale), goes missing. The three hunters discover Wendy was kidnapped by a man who sells human parts to monsters in a grotesque online auction and race to save her before it is too late.
- Steven Yaffee as Marlon
- Sarah Dugdale as Wendy Hanscum
- Emilio Merritt as Luis Fernando
- Christopher William Martin as Terrance Clegg
- Troy Skog as Don Hankey
- Camille Atebe as Female Diner Customer
- Jason Vaisvila as Window Washer
Featured Supernatural BeingsEdit
- Arachne (cameo only)
- Dreamwalker (Kaia Nieves, mentioned only)
- Nephilim (Jack, mentioned only)
- Primordial Entity (God, mentioned only)
- Rugaru (cameo only)
- Seraph (Castiel, mentioned only)
- Vampires (Marlon, Doug Stover)
- Werewolf (cameo only)
- Doug Stover previously appeared in the Season 11 episode Plush.
- A Rugaru was previously featured in the Season 12 episode Family Feud.
- An Arachne was previously featured in the Season 6 episode Unforgiven.
- Sire blood previously appeared in the Season 12 episode Ladies Drink Free.
- A vampire cure was previously made in the Season 9 episode Alex Annie Alexis Ann.
- Dead man's blood was previously used in the Season 9 episode Alex Annie Alexis Ann.
- The episode was watched by 1.93 million viewers and got a 0.6 rating. This is the season's most watched episode since Patience and the show's most watched eleventh episode since There's No Place Like Home in Season 10.
- The title of the episode is a reference to the 1997 American adventure/mystery/thriller film starring Kurt Russell, making this the second episode of the season to have a title referencing a movie starring Kurt Russell with Tombstone being the first one.
- The episode was originally titled The Midnight Train and was supposed to feature vampires on a train, but this was later changed due to filming constraints. However, the episode did briefly include the vampire Marlon and Doug Stover when he was turned for a short time.
- This is the second time Donna Hanscum appears this season, making Season 13 her first season where she appears in multiple episodes.
- Sarah Dugdale, the actress that portrays Wendy Hanscum, also portrayed Chloe in the Season 7 episode Party On, Garth.
- Doug Stover is the fourth character that was turned into a vampire and cured with Dean Winchester, Seth's Victim and Alex Jones being the first three.
- Dean tells the vampire Marlon "bring it Twilight. This is a reference to the Twilight series. He also said something similar to a vampire he killed in the Season 5 episode Free To Be You and Me.
- Dean refers to when the time when he was cured from vampirism in the Season 6 episode Live Free or Twihard.
- Doug mentioned the events of Wayward Sisters which he stated to have been a couple of weeks before.
- Sam and Dean refer to the events of the Season 7 episode Slash Fiction when they mention the FBI thinking they are dead and being wanted by the FBI.
- According to Sam's bio on Clegg's website, Sam is 34 years old, six foot five, weighs 210 pounds and is from Lawrence, Kansas.