Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers.
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Airdate||December 3, 2011|
|Written by|| Brett Matthews|
|Directed by||Robert Singer|
|Guests|| Misha Collins as Castiel|
Rachel Miner as Meg
Mitch Pileggi as Samuel Campbell
Mark A. Sheppard as Crowley
Corin Nemec as Christian Campbell
|Previous episode||Clap Your Hands If You Believe|
|Next episode||Appointment In Samarra|
|Episode list||Season 6|
Caged Heat is the 10th episode of Season 6. It aired on December 3rd, 2011.
Meg kidnaps Sam and Dean and tries to force them to tell her where Crowley is hiding. Sam makes her a deal they will help her find Crowley if she promises to torture him for information about how to get Sam’s soul back. Castiel joins the fight but finds it difficult to work with Meg.
Crowley tortures and kills the Alpha Shapeshifter because he won't tell him the location of Purgatory. Meanwhile, Dean and Sam are still providing Crowley with monsters. They hand over a Rugaru to a few of Crowley's demons and - after exchanging a few barbs with the demons - head back to their base of operations, a dilapidated house, where Dean tells Sam that he's sick of working for Crowley because it doesn't seem to be getting them anywhere. While they argue, demons get the jump on them. When they wake up, they're tied to chairs and Meg is there. She wants them to tell her where Crowley is, but they don't know, and Sam just laughs at her when she threatens them. He tells Dean not to worry about Meg: she can't kill them because she needs them. She and other "Lucifer loyalists" are on the run from Crowley, who wants to be uncontested in his reign over Hell, and Meg wants to find Crowley so she can kill him with the Demon-Killing Knife.
Sam makes a deal with Meg. He and Dean will help her find and kill Crowley if she'll help them get some information out of him. They don't tell her what it is they want to know, but Sam is hoping to find out to get his soul back. Dean is unhappy with the deal, but Sam tells him that they'll kill Meg and all the other demons once they're done with Crowley. Sam realizes that they'll need some help, though, so he tricks Castiel into appearing by making him think that they have found the Ark of the Covenant. When Castiel tells Sam that he's too busy with the war over Heaven to help, Sam reminds Castiel that he owes him and tells him that if he doesn't help, he'll hunt Castiel down and kill him. Castiel eventually capitulates and tries to locate Crowley with a ritual. The ritual fails and so the three of them go to the Campbell Compound to look for information on Crowley's location.
At the compound, they encounter Samuel, who refuses to help them find Crowley. Dean asks him why he won't help them and why he's been working for Crowley, and they discover that Crowley promised Samuel that he would resurrect Mary Winchester. Dean tells him that it's a bad idea to bring her back from the dead, and Samuel calls Dean a hypocrite. Eventually, though, Samuel comes around, and he tells them where he's been bringing creatures to Crowley. Sam, Dean, and Castiel meet up with Meg and her demons so that they can go to Crowley's prison together. As they get ready to leave, Castiel tells Dean that he's not sure they should return Sam's soul to his body. His soul has been in Lucifer's Cage with Lucifer and Michael for over a year, and they have no idea what sort of torture he's suffered. Castiel tells Dean that Sam may be broken if he gets his soul back, and Sam overhears their conversation.
Using Samuel's information, they find Crowley's prison and Castiel helps them break inside, where they see various monsters, including the Djinn Brigitta, locked in cells. Eventually, they are pursued by the Hellhounds that guard the prison. Meg tries to leave her meat suit, but is trapped inside it, so she tells them to take Ruby's knife and find Crowley. She then kisses Castiel and takes his Angelic Blade to hold off the Hellhounds while they go on. Dean, Sam, and Castiel leave her behind, but are quickly attacked. Samuel uses an Angel Banishing Sigil to get rid of Castiel and demons grab and imprison Dean and Sam. Dean is incredulous by Samuel's betrayal, and he tells Samuel that once he escapes, he's going to find and kill him. Dean is then taken to a room to be fed to Ghouls while Sam is left in his cell. Dean fights off the ghouls long enough for Sam to escape his cell (using a devil's trap drawn in his own blood) and help kill them.
Meanwhile, Meg has been captured and is being tortured by the Christian Campbell, who is still possessed by a demon. While Christian is distracted, Dean comes up behind him and kills him with Ruby's knife, and he and Sam free Meg. They then lure Crowley into the room and catch him in a devil's trap. Sam demands his soul back and Meg tortures him until Crowley admits that he can't get it. He also tells Sam the same thing that Castiel said: Sam's soul is likely broken and will destroy him if he gets it back. Disgusted, Sam tells Meg to go ahead and kill Crowley, and Dean hands her Ruby's knife. She tries to kill him, but he gets the knife from her and uses it to break the devil's trap. Before he can retaliate, however, Castiel appears holding a bag of bones that he says belong to Crowley. He asks Crowley if he can restore Sam's soul, and, when Crowley admits that he can't, Castiel burns his bones without hesitation, killing him. While they are distracted, Meg flees.
Outside Crowley's prison, Dean thanks Castiel for his help. Castiel admits that the war in Heaven is not going well and that he'd rather be on Earth most of the time. He then tells Sam that they'll find another way to get his soul back before leaving to take care of the monsters still in the prison. Dean tries to reassure Sam, too, but Sam tells him that he doesn't think he wants his soul back after all.
Featured Supernatural BeingEdit
- Shapeshifter / Alpha Shapeshifter
- Angels (Castiel)
- Djinn (Brigitta)
- Meg makes her first appearance since Abandon All Hope.
- Dean refers to Meg killing Ellen and Jo with her Hellhounds.
- The sexual tension between Meg and Castiel is further played upon in this episode.
- The Djinn that the Campbells captured in Exile on Main Street — Brigitta — is shown to be a prisoner in Crowley's dungeon.
- It turns out that Meg studied torture under Alastair.
- Crowley says that Samuel is "the best purchase [he's] made since Dick Cheney". In Sin City, Casey said that Dick Cheney was not a demon yet, but that "he's got a parking spot reserved for him downstairs".
- Angel Blades are shown to be effective against Hellhounds.
- The spell that keeps demons locked in their bodies is a plot device to prevent mass exorcisms similar to the one in Jus In Bello.
- As of this episode, Meg is the only character to grapple with not just one, but multiple Hellhounds and not only survive, but win.
- Castiel's kiss with Meg was surprisingly passionate, considering his history with women and his earlier "abomination" comment.
- When Sam and the others bar the doors to hold the Hellhounds at bay for a bit, they use a wooden stake with blood on the tip. Seeing as how these weapons have only been used to kill pagan deities, it's unclear why they would bring it on a demon- and monster-run.
- Sam baits Castiel to Earth by using the plot of Raiders of the Lost Ark, as Castiel has earlier said that he is on constant alert for the stolen weapons of Heaven
- When Meg tries to escape, she quotes Ryan Seacrest from "America's Top 40".
- Dean refers to the Shawshank Redemption, and the shower scene in it.
- Dean calls Sam "a freaking replicant", a reference to the robotic beings engineered to look like humans in the classic science-fiction film Blade Runner.
- Seeing as how Meg was unaware that Castiel had recently been watching pornography, his comment about "learning [kissing] from the pizza man" could have been easily misconstrued. (But wasn't.)
- It's ironic that Meg told the Winchesters that they have abandonment issues and then tried to leave them for dead when things went wrong.
- This is the last appearance of Crowley until Mommy Dearest.
- Brigitta's presence in Crowley's dungeon indicates that Djinn are children of Eve, even though traditional lore depicts them as creatures created by God before both angels and humans.
- Crowley makes reference to the fact that he hasn't seen Castiel "all season", as the two have not appeared in the same room since Two Minutes to Midnight. This might be an intentional breach in the Fourth Wall, or Crowley might just be talking about an actual yearly season. Given the wording, the former possibility is more probable.
- The knife that Crowley uses to stab the Alpha Shape-Shifter is made out of Iridium, which he says is "rarer than hell". Iridium is the second densest element on the Periodic Table and has the highest melting point at 2000 degrees Celsius (the use of this metal is a possible reference to the popular notion that hell is deep underground). It is indeed one of the rarest metals in the Earth's crust.
- According to Supernatural Official Companion Season 6, the ghouls were not were originally planned in the first draft. " The ghouls were originally going to be a big-ass, Lovecraftian tentacle," Story Editor Brett Matthews explains. "In the first draft Dean gets thrown into this underground pit where there's just sand and a huge trough of water. He starts digging and finds a bone, realizes he's been thrown into a monster pen. Then this huge tentacle reaches up and grabs him and sucks him under. Sam busts out with a fire axe and chops the tentacle off and pulls him out, but Dean's leg all messed up, It was going to be a very bold step into the realm of monster, but it was just too expensive."
- Dean: Where's Crowley?
- Demon: Banging a hooker in a sweet spot called "None Of Your Business".
- Dean: Oooh! Look at that, Sam. Demon trying to be funny.
- Sam: Oh, is that what just happened?
- Demon: Night, girls.
- Dean: Wait, wait. Hold up, hold up. Are we ever gonna see Crowley again or is he just gonna keep sending his Demon Extras to pick up his laundry?
- Demon: I’m sorry. I know you’re speaking, I see your lips moving, but I can’t understand what you’re saying 'cause I don’t speak Little Bitch.
- [The Demons get in their car and drive off]
- Dean: Remember when we used to gank demons?
- Dean - No, man, screw it. I'm done.
Sam - Calm down.
Dean - We've been going on these frikkin' Crowley runs and it's not getting us anywhere.
Sam - Dean—
Dean - I mean, the only thing that's really changed is now I need a daily rape-shower.
Sam - Okay, you're right. Let's go with Plan B. Oh, yeah. We don't have one. So till we do, sorry, dude, stock up on soap-on-a-rope.
- Sam - [praying] Castiel? We need you. It's important.
Sam - [sighs] - Cas, we found something. It's—it's this gold box. Apparently Nazis were after it back in the day. Someone tried to open it and their face melted off. We think it's, uh...ready for this? The Ark of the Covenant. Yeah. So—
Castiel - I'm here, Sam. Where is the box?
Sam - I can't believe you fell for that. That was the plot of Raiders, idiot.
- Sam - [to Castiel] If you don't help us, I will hunt you down and kill you.
Castiel ? Will you, boy? How?
Sam - I don't know yet, but I will look until I find out, and I don't sleep.
Castiel - ...You need help, Sam.
Sam - I need your help.
Dean - [to Castiel] You actually showed. Wow, Sam, I owe you a chicken dinner. What happened?
Sam - No big. This is what friends do for each other.
- Castiel - It's very complex. If the pizza man truly loves this babysitter, why does he keep slapping her rear? [slapping noises and woman giggling from television] Perhaps she's done something wrong.
Dean - You're watching porn? Why?
Castiel - It was there.
Dean - You don't watch porn in a room full of dudes—and you're not supposed to talk about it. Just turn it off. [Castiel looks down into his lap] Oh, now he's got a boner.
Samuel - This is what you boys do? Sit around watching pornos with angels?
Castiel - We're not supposed to talk about it.
- Meg - [to Castiel] Remember me? I sure remember you, Clarence.
Castiel - Why are we working with these abominations?
Meg - Keep talking dirty, it makes my meat suit all dewy.
- Dean - I knew this was a trap.
Meg - What do you want? A cupcake?
Sam - All right, that should keep them out.
Dean - Not for long. How many of them are there?
Meg - Lots. I'll be pulling for you—from Cleveland.
Dean - What?
Meg - I didn't know this was going to happen. Bright side? Them chewing up my meat suit ought to buy you a few seconds. "Seacrest out."
- Dean - Sam?
Sam - Yeah?
Dean - ...I'm standing in pee.
Sam - ...Consider yourself lucky.
Dean - Yikes.
- Dean - [seeing that Meg has fled] Well, she's smart, I'll give her that. I was gonna kill her, too. [to Castiel] Of course, I'd have given you an hour with her first.
Castiel - Why would I want that?
- [Meg laughs during "Christian's" torture]
"Christian" - What's so funny? [Dean grabs Ruby's Knife from him and stabs him through the back]
Meg - Dean Winchester's behind you, meatsack! [stunned, "Christian" falls to the ground, dead]