|Portrayed by:|| John Rubinstein (Old Charlie)|
Michael Weston (Young Charlie)
Charlie was an old witch, who long ago found a book of spells and found one for immortality. During his lifetime, he met Jay and became good friends with him. So Charlie didn't tell Jay about the fact that he was immortal and grew old with him. The two became best friends.
Even in old age, Charlie still continued to help Jay out, until he found out that Jay was going to commit suicide on stage. That was when he used his magic to force Jay's death onto someone else using cards. He eventually used the magic on himself and returned back to when he was 28.He told Jay about the magic and how people dying for Jay was a gift. He even offered Jay and Vernon immortality. Jay turned it down though. Sam and Dean came in to stop him, but Charlie dealt with them quickly. He met his end, when Jay slipped one of Charlie's own cards into Charlie's jacket and stabbed himself. Shocked, Charlie died.
Charlie was a powerful witch.
- Immortality - Using it he was able to live forever and rejuvinate himself when he got too old.
- Telekinesis - Able to move objects with his mind, he used this when threatened.
- Spellcasting - Mainly using Tallort cards, he was able to cast powerful spells, such as transfering Jay's death to another.
- Teleportation - Able to move distances in the blink of an eye. As Charlie is a witch, and witches are not known for being powerful in the supernatural side of things, it has been presumed that he could only teleport short distances.
- Reality Warping - Through magic Charlie could warp reality to an extent, for instance when Sam shot him, he made it so he caught the bullet in his teeth, despite Sam aiming for his chest.
- John Rubinstein, the actor for the older Charlie, has appeared in another supernatural show Angel, a spin-off of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. He shares this with Charisma Carpenter and James Marsters, who appeared on both Angel and Buffy the Vampire Slayer and were later cast as witches in Supernatural.
- ↑ Criss Angel Is A Douchebag