This article is about a subject that is from official sources but is not considered canon.
A Chimera, somehow unleashed to a factory in a unnamed county in USA. While it continuously infects people, it also attacks a heavy squad of security officers. Sam and Dean went to the factory to end the imminent threat. However, it later revealed that the chimera has been constituted of an army of chimeric human-beasts such as Minotaur, snake-woman, ape-human, lobster-human, etc. large enough to decimate a nearby town. They were later forced to eliminate the nest before all being too late.
However, they realized, if the source of the infection was the Chimera blood. Any direct contact with its blood will mutate the part of body which touched it into random part of animals. After trying to cull the mutation by cutting the infected part, they found if the part soon decayed. Sam and Dean later deduced if the mutation affect are tied to Chimera, and newly turned will be easily cured, since the part will not regenerate. They later decided to kill the Chimera to end the crisis.
Power and AbilitiesEdit
This Chimera, being constituted of multiple parts from multiple random animals and humans, are very formidable threat. Its mutation affects are also very dangerous, because it will transform human to human-animal hybrids to the point that it couldn't be recovered from.
- Infectious blood - Chimera blood is highly infectious, and could induce mutation to human. Every human that contact with its blood will get infected and mutated into random animal part.
- Mutation - Chimera could induce mutation processes making humans into human-animal hybrids.
- Super strength - Chimera's are very overwhelming. A strike of a chimera is capable of ripping a humans spine out of his/her back.
- Culling - Culling the infected will slow down the mutation process, but if the blood has been spread too far inside the human bodies, it will not help.
- Beheading - Beheading the chimera effectively kill him and their turned mobs. Beheading the "pack alpha" head chimera will cure the newly turned. But if the infection has been take a long while, killing them is the only solution, since no cure for the infection.
The Chimera (/kᵻˈmɪərə/ or /kaɪˈmɪərə/, also Chimaera (Chimæra); Greek: Χίμαιρα, Chímaira "she-goat") was, according to Greek mythology, a monstrous fire-breathing hybrid creature of Lycia in Asia Minor, composed of the parts of more than one animal. It is usually depicted as a lion, with the head of a goat arising from its back, and a tail that might end with a snake's head, and was one of the offspring of Typhon and Echidna and a sibling of such monsters as Cerberus and the Lernaean Hydra.
The term chimera has come to describe any mythical or fictional animal with parts taken from various animals, or to describe anything composed of very disparate parts, or perceived as wildly imaginative, implausible, or dazzling.
The seeing of a Chimera was an omen for disaster.