|“||I can never go home.||”|
— Constance Welch
In 1981, twenty-four year old Constance Welch drowned after she jumped off Sylvania Bridge near the Centennial Highway in Jericho, California. An hour previously, she had called 911 and reported that her two children drowned in the bath after she briefly left them unattended. In reality, she went insane and drowned her children after finding out her husband Joseph had been unfaithful.
Since her death, she haunted the highway, appearing as a hitchhiker to young men. Constance would beg to be taken home, but once on arrival to an old abandoned house, she'd protest that she could never go home. She would then kill the young men after she tempted them into being unfaithful. Ten men died on the same five mile stretch of highway before Sam and Dean Winchester stopped her.
On the voicemail message John Winchester leaves Dean, there is EVP of Constance saying "I can never go home." When Dean and Sam forced her to enter her old home, the ghosts of her two children appeared. They embraced their mother and her spirit was dragged into the afterlife.
Constance was a strong ghost.
- Electronic manipulation - Caused things like car radios to turn static.
- Super Strength - Able to casually overpower and maul grown men.
- Telekinesis - She was a capable telekinetic, able to cause the Impala to chase Sam and Dean and later take control of it, which forces Sam to take her home.
- Teleportation - Able to move from place to place in the blink of an eye.
- Intangibility-Without a body, she was able to move without hindrance even if objects are in her way, as she can phase through them with ease.
- Invisibility - Could only be seen when she wanted to be.
- Shapeshifting - Able to change her form from that of a beautiful woman into a decaying corpse.
- Super speed - Able to move incredibly fast.
- EVP - Able to include a message on John's phone call.
- Her children