David Lassiter is a shape-shifter from one of Chicago's ruling monster families, and the ex of Violet Duval. He’s been living as a human for some time, but a tragedy propels him back into the life. David is in his early 20s.
David was born as a shapeshifter into the Lassiter family, one of five monster families secretly running Chicago. He fell in love with Violet Duval, a werewolf and were planning on running away together when she suddenly broke off their relationship. David later left his family to try and live life as a human. He enrolled at Chicago North College, using his abilities to steal test answers.
After three years, David returned home upon hearing of his brother, Sal, being murdered. His sister, Margo, believed that Julian Duval was responsible, as they had a scuffle the night of the murder, and were planning on going to war. Determined to find out the truth and prevent the war, David went to question the only witness from that night, Ennis Ross, disguised as his mentor, Freddie Costa. His lack of knowledge of Ennis' background and that Ennis was becoming a hunter-in-training, led to his exposure. Held at gunpoint, David told Ennis his intentions and explained the delicate balance amongst the monster families to avoid bloodshed. He then examined Ennis' torn jacket, find reflective silver in the cuts and concluded that Julian couldn't have murdered Sal as silver is caustic to werewolves. He then fled Ennis' house.
David later paid a visit to Violet to try and broker peace between their families but was told that Julian desired war. He then shifted the subject, asking why she broke up with him. Then suddenly, Sal's murderer, a hunter named Irv Sokolowski, attacked. David fought him and was nearly killed, had not Ennis scared Irv off with a warning shot, prompting the madman to go after Violet.
Teaming up with Sam and Dean Winchester, Ennis suggested tracking Violet's cell GPS, but David only agreed to provide her number if he accompanied the hunters. Ennis didn't trust David because he was a shifter but Dean reasoned that sometimes they need to work with the lesser of two evils. Before setting off, Ennis revealed to David of Sal's last words, cryptically regretting something he had done to his brother.
Unfortunately, David was captured by Irv and was nearly killed had not Violet transformed, broke free of her chains and attacked Irv. David managed to pull her off before she killed him. The Winchesters and Ennis soon arrive and Ennis kills Irv in revenge for murdering his girlfriend Tamara for being in the way.
Later, David discusses with Violet Sal's last words. Violet confessed that the night they were going to run away together, Sal confronted her and threatened her to break off their relationship to keep the bloodlines pure. She then gives him a goodbye kiss.
David then returned home and heeded his ailing father's request to stop the war. He presented Irv's silver claws as proof that Julian was innocent to Margo, before declaring his intention to return to the family business.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
David possesses the typical abilities of a shapeshifter.
- Shapeshifting - As a shapeshifter, David possesses the ability to change form into other people. He shares the Alpha Shapeshifter's ability to change form seamlessly without shedding his skin.
- Superhuman strength - As a shapeshifter, David possesses strength greater than that of a normal human.
- Superhuman speed - As a shapeshifter, David possesses a greater than human speed.
- Superhuman agility - Shapeshifters possess quicker reflexes than typical humans.
- Regeneration - David possesses the ability to heal his injuries. He was quickly able to heal the burns he received from the silver residue on Ennis Ross' jacket and his injuries from Irv Sokolowski's attack.
David shares all of the weaknesses of a normal shapeshifter.
- Silver - Like all shapeshifters, David is vulnerable to silver and a silver bullet or blade to the heart can kill him. Simply touching silver residue from Irv Sokolowski's claws on Ennis Ross' jacket burned David's hand.