|Portrayed by:||Nicholas Lea|
- "Boo-hoo, cry me a river, you nancy. Tell, are all hunters as soft as you in the future? Everybody loses everybody. And then one day, boom, your number's up. But at least you're making a difference. So enjoy it while it lasts, kid. 'Cause hunting's the only clarity you're gonna find in this life. And that makes you luckier than most."
- —Eliot to Dean Winchester[src]
Eliot Ness was a hunter who worked as an investigator from the 1940s.
It is unknown when Eliot got into hunting, but one of his earlier jobs was taking out a nest of vampires in Cleveland. Years later he ran into a hunter from the future, Dean Winchester. Eliot walked into the cell Dean was being held in and began questioning him. Once Dean figured out that Eliot is a hunter, the two began working together to hunt down Chronos. He takes Lila Taylor hostage and when Dean starts to disappear with Chronos through time, tosses him the stake that will kill the god.
- He's one of only six characters to be based on real people, the others being Samuel Colt, H.P. Lovecraft, Kate Fox, Margaret Fox, Robert Johnson. and Henry H. Holmes.
- Eliot Ness was a real law enforcement officer who joined the U.S. Treasury Department in 1927, working with the Bureau of Prohibition, in Chicago. He was involved in targeting gangster Al Capone. His refusal to accept a bribe led to Ness' team becoming known as "The Untouchables". Brian De Palma's 1987 film The Untouchables starring Kevin Costner, Robert DeNiro and Sean Connery, which was based on Eliot Ness' memoir of the same name.
- ↑ Time After Time After Time