|Portrayed by:||Mike Farrell|
In the present day, he had long since been moved in a retirement home. He had buried himself in his own consciousness, barely actively interacting with or responding to his physical and social environment. In his mind, he thinks often of cartoons, watching and replaying them in his thoughts. Fred said he "always loved them as a kid". Unfortunately, he began subconsciously using his powers, to alter reality around him, making the natural world act like that of a cartoon.
After an incident, Gary Freleng informed the person in charge of the retirement, Dr. Dwight Mahoney, who soon began misusing Fred's powers to rob the relatives of the residents. He justified it by saying he was really stealing only from the children who bunked them in the home and rarely vistied, while he looked after them. As Dwight allowed Fred to continue with his psychokinetic abilities, several people in the vicinity began to die in a comic fashion, albeit unintentionally.
This then caught the attention of Sam, Dean and Castiel, who investigated the case. Sam then realizes Fred is one of the elderly in the retirement home. The three hunters try to pull Fred from his subconscious, and at the same time, stop Dr. Mahoney from his thievery. While Dean gave chase to Dr. Mahoney, Sam and Castiel managed to contact Fred by entering his mind. There they convinced him to re-enter the real world and take control. Fred, now conscious of the real world, then used his powers to prevent Dr. Mahoney from killing Dean. He then put a stop to Dr. Mahoney by telekinetically pointing the pistol at its owner's head, remarking "you will never hurt anyone again."
After this, knowing he would lose control again, asked for the hunters to put a stop to him. Castiel suggested that he could remove the psychokinesis, but could possibly damage Fred. Fred agrees and Castiel removed the elderly's powers. This seemed to mentally alter Fred, leaving him unresponsive, but Castiel noted that Fred was happy and content with his decision, and that Fred was now listening to music instead.
Powers and AbilitiesEditFred Jones was a very powerful psychic. However, upon his agreement, all his abilities were stripped by Castiel, to prevent him ever losing control of them again. Before that, he possessed the following abilities:
- Telekinesis - Fred can easily cause objects around him to move with his mind.
- Reality Warping - Fred bears a slight form of reality altering. He mimicked numerous classical/iconic cartoon circumstances, like levitating over air, someone's heart bulging out of someone's chest, a symphony of birds circulating around someone's head, and projected them into the real world. The effect of his power is not focused, as it affected everything around him enough to encompass an entire town, during which, the natural laws are replaced by 'cartoon physics'. But right after the duration, everything reverts back to natural order, often reaping detrimental results for recipients (i.e. a guy who got flattened by an anvil would have only been rendered into an flattened state, but after Fred's power ended, he got crushed into a bloody mass).
- Electrokinesis - Fred could change TV channels with a gesture.
- Fred Jones was descibed as ‘an aging mentalist with a slippery grasp on reality.’ 
- Fred Jones shares his name with Fred Jones, one of the members of Mystery Incorporated in the Scooby-Doo cartoon franchise, a reference to his connection to cartoons.