Gumprecht was a high-ranking Nazi official and Thule investigator in German-occupied France in 1943.
Not much known about his life. According to Clifford Henshaw, who was a member of the Men of Letters Black Ops, Executive Officer's Report, he was a very cruel and ruthless man. He was born in 1913 in Hamburg.
At 22 years old, he joined a special ops of the SS and became a top intelligence of the NSDAP. He eventually became a Gestapo Member, and its most proficient torturer. In 1942, He was believed to be directly responsible for the deaths of up to 14,000 people, mostly Jews.
At some point he became involved with the Thule Society, and had serious beef with the Men of Letters. At the same time, he also procured a piece of the Ark of the Covenant, the Hand of God. His actions caused the Men of Letters to hunt him down and send Delphine to assassinate him and retrieve the Hand of God from him.
In 1943, at some point, he and his party found a fragment of the Ark of the Covenant which was a Hand of God and was ordered by Adolf Hitler himself to send it to Germany. Delphine, in her cover, eventually becomes his lover. One night, she asks to see the artifact and upon confirming it is real, Delphine stabs him in the neck and then the heart, killing Gumprecht while giving her regards from the Men of Letters.
However, as a member of the Thules, Gumprecht doesn't stay dead and resurrects after 12 hours. Taking command of a destroyer enhanced by his magic, Gumprecht chases Delphine and the USS Bluefin, using his magic to cloak the destroyer until they are right on top of the submarine and it is defenseless. Gumprecht contacts the Bluefin and explains his revival to Delphine, taunting her that she should've burned his body to ensure his death. Gumprecht offers to let the crew live as POWs if they surrender otherwise he will sink the Bluefin and recover the Hand of God from the wreckage.
After the three minutes he gives the Bluefin are up, Gumprecht resumes his attack on the Bluefin. Delphine absorbs the power of the Hand of God and as Lucifer returns Dean to his own time, unleashes a blast that obliterates the Bluefin and burns a hole through Gumprecht's destroyer, killing him and his crew permanently.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
Gumprecht possesses the standard powers and abilities of a Thule:
- Immortality - As a Thule, Gumprecht is effectively immortal unless his body is burned.
- Self-Resurrection - As a Thule, Gumprecht will self-resurrect in 12 hours after death unless his body is burned as happened when Delphine Seydoux killed him for the first time.
- Spell Casting - Gumprecht was able to use a spell to cloak an entire Nazi destroyer from the USS Bluefin's sonar.
- Massive Heart Damage - Delphine was able to kill him temporarily by stabbing Gumprecht in the heart.
- Fire - Torching his body soon after he is killed can completely kill him. A Hand of God-powered fire blast completely destroyed him.