Henry grew up as a popular jock and football player and was a bully. In middle school, he severely tormented another kid and was noted to have "a real mean streak."
In late 2015, a vampire named Richard Beesome came to Sioux Falls, South Dakota looking for revenge on Annie "Alex" Jones. As he found her too pathetic to kill at the moment, he turned Henry, the most popular kid in school into a vampire as well to help build Alex's life up before they destroyed it and then killed her. To this end, Henry became Alex's boyfriend, pretending to be kind to her while really plotting behind her back.
After school one day, Alex and Henry leave together and are approached by one of her friends who has heard that she and Henry are in the lead for Prom Queen and King. Alex and Henry joke about it before Mr. Phelps walks by and reminds Alex about a test she has the next day. Alex is then picked up by Jody who is proud of her for fitting into a normal life. As they leave, Jody notices birth control pills in Alex's bag, indicating that she's planning on having sex with Henry.
At dinner, an annoyed Claire reveals that Alex and Henry plan to sneak off to Jody's cabin to have sex, prompting Jody to give Alex a highly awkward sex talk. During that time, Alex reveals that she and Henry haven't slept together, but she's preparing herself for when they do.
That night, Henry, beginning his and Richard's plan, attacks Mr. Phelps as he leaves the school and breaks his neck before hanging him from the school flagpole where everyone, including Alex, can see.
The next day, Alex and Henry arrive at school to find Mr. Phelps' body hanging upside down from the flagpole. School gets cancelled as a result and Alex leaves with Henry and they walk along a stream. Alex is distraught by Mr. Phelps' death as he'd believed in her and because of the way he died and tells Henry there's awful things out there. Alex admits she wasn't always the good person she is now and has done awful things in the past, remembering the terrible things she did while with Celia and her family of vampires. Henry reassures her that he doesn't care about her past and they kiss.
That night, Dean calls Alex asking where she is and tells her he's coming to pick her up as the custodian is a vampire. Alex tries to leave, telling Henry he needs to go but he attacks her, revealing himself to be a vampire to her.
After dumping Alex's cell phone, Henry takes her to Richard's nest in a former pool building on the high school campus where the two reveal their plan to Alex, including that Henry never really cared about her. Henry shows delight in his actions, leading to Alex spitting in his face. As the two vampires plan to kill Jody and Claire to get their revenge, Alex offers to help them find food and feed them with herself when the hunting goes dry. Richard starts to feed on Claire, but the vampires sense Sam Winchester enter the building and go to confront him instead. After Richard attacks Sam, Henry takes over the fight, beating on Sam with a two-by-four. Sam is eventually able to subdue Henry and take him captive.
After defeating Henry, Sam takes him to Alex who was freed by Dean after he killed Richard. Sam leaves Henry to Alex to deal with and Henry leers at her that he should've "tapped that." Alex just tells Henry to "dream of me" and then punches him in the face. After Alex punches Henry, Claire decapitates him from behind, killing Henry.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
Henry has all the powers and abilities of a normal vampire though not as strong as most as he was only a vampire for a few months.
- Super Strength - Henry was strong enough to break a man's neck and lift him up a flagpole. However, he wasn't stronger than a physically strong human such as Sam Winchester who was able to subdue him.
- Super agility - Henry possessed the agility to climb up a flagpole with a body and tie the body to it.
- Immortality - As a vampire, Henry was immortal unless killed.
- Invulnerability - As a vampire, Henry was invulnerable to most forms of harm.
- Henry appears to be sadistic beyond what Richard Beesome's revenge scheme entails. Even Richard stated that Henry has "a real mean streak" and finds his stringing up of Mr. Phelps' body to be too much. Henry is shown to enjoy his actions greatly and Claire calls him a sociopath. It's indicated that this sadism existed before he became a vampire as he mentions his horrendous treatment of a kid in middle school while pretending to be sympathetic with Alex. This implies that Henry is a sadist and as Claire implies, possibly a sociopath.
- Aside from Boris's newly turned vampires in Live Free or Twihard, Henry is the youngest vampire in the show, having only been turned a few months before his appearance when Richard recruited him for his revenge plot.