|“||With Lucifer risen, this child grows strong. Soon, he will do more than just make a few toys come to life—something that will draw the demons to him. The demons will find this child. Lucifer will twist this boy to his purpose. And then, with a word, this child will destroy the Host of Heaven.||”|
Jesse Turner is a young, but powerful "cambion" or "katako", being a half-human, half-demon creature. According to Castiel, he was destined to become the Antichrist and aid Lucifer in the war against Heaven.
Jesse Turner was conceived when a virginal human woman named Julia Wright becomes possessed by a demon. She manages to regain control of her body long enough to exorcise the demon from her body during labor. She contemplates killing the newborn Jesse, for fear that he would be evil, but instead gives him up for adoption.
Jesse was adopted by the Turner family in Alliance, Nebraska. Jesse's adoptive parents spend a good deal of time outside their home, with him mostly taking care of himself. He was unaware of his birth history or even of the fact that he was adopted. Despite his heritage, he is a fairly normal boy: he attends school, likes soup and believes in many common child-age misconceptions and myths, like the Tooth Fairy.
After investigating Jesse's history and finding demonic involvement, hunters Dean and Sam Winchester call Castiel in for help. Castiel explains to them that the chaos Jesse has been causing is nothing compared to what it could be if he were to get angry. He then reveals that as the Antichrist, Jesse is destined to align with Lucifer and, "with a word", destroy the forces of Heaven (whether this is true or not is uncertain, as it's unknown if his power would be equal to or lesser than Lucifer's, as Michael is the only angel stronger than him). Refusing to allow such a risk, Castiel resolves to kill Jesse, with or without the brothers' consent or help. Before he could be killed, Jesse instinctively transforms the angel into an action-figure version of himself.
In the moments that follow, Dean and Sam arrive and tell Jesse that he is a superhero and they are going to train him in an X-Men-esque fashion. Julia interrupts while possessed by Jesse's demonic parent; she tells him the brothers are lying and that his whole life has been a lie, which angers him. She promises to show him a world without lies. Sam admits to lying to Jesse and promises to tell the truth - when Julia tries to stop him, Jesse intervenes by releasing Sam and immobilizing her so he can hear Sam out. Jesse is overwhelmed by the fact Julia is his real mother and he's half-demon but Sam reminds him that he is still half-human and thus can still be good. Jesse promptly exorcises the demon from Julia.
Later, Jesse asks the Winchesters what he should do and they tell him it's his choice. He asks to bring his parents with him and they tell him he can but it would put them in danger because both angels and demons will be trying to find him. He says he's going to say goodbye to his parents but instead he goes to his room and writes them a letter, repairs the damage he caused around town (except for the dead), and vanishes to another place. He has not been seen since.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
Jesse was one of the most powerful beings Dean and Sam have ever encountered. While Lucifer is on Earth, Jesse is so powerful that he could accomplish almost any feat by verbally saying it, whether it be shushing a demon or exorcising it, just by commanding it.
- Advanced Reality Warping - He was able to achieve very high feats through thoughts or iteration. He grew in strength exponentially with the rising of Lucifer. Castiel claimed that, at the peak of the cambion's power, Jesse could destroy the Host of Heaven "with a word".
- Biokinesis - He showed this ability when he accidentally and unwittingly gave several children severe stomach ulcers, caused a person's face to become frozen in a silly manually generated expression, and caused Dean to grow hair on his palms.
- Conjuration - He can create things or beings like the Tooth Fairy, just by believing in them.
- Conversion/Transformation - He also turned the angel Castiel into an action figure toy, with just a thought and back when asked.
- Terrakinesis - He caused a minor earthquake when he became angry and clenched his fist.
- Demon Control/Exorcism - He was able to exorcise a demon simply by verbally commanding the demon to leave their host, and was able to immobilize and silence one with a command.
- Supernatural Concealment - He is hidden from angels, humans, and demons, unless he wants to be found.
- Telekinesis - He was able to move a seat by simply ordering a demon to sit down.
- Teleportation - He could teleport anywhere on Earth at a thought. When Jesse went upstairs to "say goodbye to his parents," he vanished, and he has not been seen since.
- Demon-Killing Knife - It could kill him, as evidenced by the fact that Castiel tried to kill him using it.
- Lucifer's absence - Jesse's powers were activated and strengthened when Lucifer was present on Earth.
- In Season 3, Gordon Walker mistakenly believes Sam Winchester is the Antichrist, stating several times his belief that Sam isn't human.
- Jesse's counterpart, Jesus Christ, is said to have been conceived by a virgin just as Jesse was. Ironically, the prophet, Luke, named the Biblical Jesse as an ancestor of Jesus.
- Jesse and Sam Winchester are similar in that they are believed to be destined to be evil and aid Lucifer. Sam himself recognizes this, and encourages Jesse not to make the same mistakes he did.
- It is possible that he went to Australia, as he was looking at a poster of it when he teleported away.
- Jesse is a Cambion, which is a human/demon hybrid, just like a Nephilim is a human/angel hybrid.
- In the future that Zachariah threw Dean to, the entire Host of Heaven inexplicably vanished, and while future Dean said they just left, Jesse could have been responsible.
- The way of which Jesse uses his powers to unconsciously manipulate reality is very similar to how Fred Jones does it in Hunteri Heroici.
- As Lucifer has been released a second time, it's unknown if Jesse has gained his powers again. However, it's most likely the case.
- Jesse shares the same last name as fellow cambion, Cole Turner, who appears on "Charmed".
- The Antichrist was thought by most humans to be the half-human spawn of Lucifer, but in LOTUS, the actual half-human child of Lucifer was conceived.