|“||You do know that Jesus was just a man.||”|
Jesus Christ was a human who became the central figure of Christianity.
Jesus Christ's iconic crucifix has been featured many times through rosaries and churches often with an image of him nailed on it.
- Season 1
- Season 2
- Season 3
- Season 4
- Season 5
- Season 6
- Season 7
- Season 8
- Season 9
- Devil May Care (mentioned only)
- I'm No Angel (image)
- Rock and a Hard Place (image and referenced)
- Holy Terror (name on a bus only)
- Blade Runners (mentioned by song only)
- Mother's Little Helper (image)
- Meta Fiction (referenced only)
- Stairway to Heaven (image and name seen)
- Do You Believe In Miracles? (mentioned only)
- Season 10
- Season 11
- Season 12
- Season 13
- Ghostfacers (special webisode, mentioned only)
- Supernatural: The Unholy Cause (non-canon, mentioned only)
- Supernatural The Animation (non-canon)
- Temptation of the Demon (image)
- Darkness Calling (image)
- Crossroad (image)
- All Hell Breaks Loose - Part 2 (image)
- Dean Winchester: Christmas is Jesus's birthday.
- Sam Winchester: No; Jesus's birthday was probably in the fall. It was actually the winter solstice festival that was co-opted by the church and renamed Christmas. But I mean the yule log, the tree, even Santa's red suit is all remnants of Pagan worship.
- Edward Carrigan: All of a sudden, this Jesus character is the hot new thing in town. All of a sudden, our altars are being burned down, and we're being hunted down like common monsters.
- Season 3, A Very Supernatural Christmas
- Eve: What is right for me?
- Rick: This emptiness you feel inside -- it's really a hunger for him.
- Eve: You do know that Jesus was just a man.
- Rick: Sure, but he is also the son of God, sent here because he loves us.
- Season 6, ...And Then There Were None
- The angel Joshua seems to have borrowed some of Jesus' traits along with the name. Firstly, of Jesus it is said that he is the only one who has seen the face of God (John 1:18, 6:46), and the show's angel Joshua was the only one who spoke with God (albeit not face to face). Secondly, after Jesus rose from the dead, one of his female disciples did not immediately recognize him and mistook him for a gardener (John 20:15), and in the show, the angel Joshua is called a "gardener". Additionally the name Joshua is reminiscent of Jeshua, the Aramaic name of Jesus.
- In Christian theology, including all Catholic, Orthodox, and Protestant thought, God and Jesus are one and the same, as part of the "Holy Trinity".
- Some believe that the Archangel Michael and Jesus are one and the same.
- Though Jesus has never been depicted in the series, the rise of the religion he founded has provided context to some storylines. With the coming of Jesus on Earth, the pagan deities Madge and Edward Carrigan and Vesta lost almost all of their followers, and without sacrifices they were weakened.
- In the novel Supernatural: Unholy Cause, Judas Iscariot says that Jesus was no God, while Castiel disagrees.
- In O Brother, Where Art Thou?, Amara is searching for God in a church. After killing the people in there, she looks to a stained glass with an image of Jesus on it. Then she talks to the image, waiting for an answer from God.
- In a special webisode of Ghostfacers, Harry Spangler mistook Castiel for Jesus.
- In Swan Song, Chuck answering the phone hoping it was "Mistress Magda" might be a reference to Mary Magdalene, a Disciple of Jesus Christ in the New Testament that some believe to be a prostitute or even the wife of Jesus (a theory made famous by the book the Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown).
- In Meet the New Boss, Castiel looks at the mosaic window to see the image of Jesus. He rights himself, scorching the pew in the process and as he walks out, the image of Jesus has been replaced by that of him.
- In Breakdown there was a van that said Jesus lives.
- Dean once referred to holy oil as "Jesus juice".
- In American Nightmare, Olivia Sanchez and Ricky Copeland are killed by stigmata. Stigmata is the body marks, sores, or sensations of pain in locations corresponding to the crucifixion wounds of Jesus Christ, such as the hands, wrists, and feet. An individual bearing the wounds of stigmata is referred to as a Stigmatist or a Stigmatic.
- According to Sam in Phantom Traveler, God's name in Latin. Speaking it to a possessed person make her flinch. In truth, God in Latin is not "Christo," but "Deus." "Christos" would be "Christ" in first century Greek, translated from the Hebrew "Moshiach" (English: Messiah) both meaning the "Anointed One." It was modified and changed by the Romans into the Latin "Christus" meaning Christ, or sometimes mistakenly "Chrestus," the "Marked Man."Christo" could arguably work to the same effect as was depicted, literally Latin meaning "by/in Christ.
- In A Most Holy Man, when Sam is looking online for the blood of a most holy man he looks at some religious relics and he mentions nails from the True Cross which would be referencing the nails that Jesus was nailed on when he was on the cross.
- In Faith There is a sign that says Jesus Christ maketh thee whole... Acts 9:34.
- In Goodbye Stranger, the Spear of Destiny is seen in the headquarters of the Men of Letters. In Biblical lore this is the Spear that pierced the side of Jesus as he hung on the cross.
- In The Magnificent Seven Envy says, "I am legion, for we are many," this is a qoute from the Bible when Jesus meets the Gerasene Demoniac in Mark 5. Jesus asks him in Mark 5:9, "What is your name?" to which he replies, "My name is Legion; for we are many." See also Luke 8:30. Jesus casts them into a herd of 2,000 swine, thus implying there were 2,000 unclean spirits.
- In The End', Zachariah said "Onward, Christian Soldiers". Onward, Christian Soldiers is a hymn about the many followers of Christ marching together against enemies of Christ.
- In Our Little World, Castiel said "Yeah, well man cannot live on caviar alone, Dean. Castiel's line is a take on the quote attributed to Jesus in Matthew 4:4: "But Jesus answered, 'It is written: 'Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.
- InHell House, Ed says The power of Christ compels you. The line is taken from the 1973 movie The Exorcist.
- In The Born-Again Identity, Castiel names himself Emmanuel. The name Emmanuel is a Hebrew baby name. In Hebrew the meaning of the name Emmanuel is: God with us. Also an Old Testament name for the Messiah.
- The Bible
- The Antichrist
- Christian Cross
- Spear of Destiny
- Holy water
- Holy Oil
- John Winchester's Journal