|Portrayed by:||Rekha Sharma.|
- "If anyone gets to end this world, it's me."
- —Kali, speaking to Gabriel
She revealed that she had discovered that Gabriel was an Archangel, and she used what she thought was an Angel Killing Sword to kill him. However the sword was a fake, and he survived, later saving her from Lucifer after he had killed the other gods. She escaped with Sam and Dean and her current wherabouts are unknown.
Kali appears as a beautiful South Asian woman with brown hair and eyes. She was dressed in a red blouse and black skirt. She had a silver chain belt with skulls on it (symbolic of her true Hindu form) and a gold bracelet on her right hand.
Kali was vain, ill-tempered, and easily offended. She favored violence and blood shed, and had no problems with bullying others into agreeing with her. She enjoyed playing with the emotions of the men bound to her and was content and even flirtatious in their presence. She had great pride in herself and the other gods, who were numerous and old, and therefore believed they should have been the ones to decide the fate of the world - not Lucifer or the archangels. However, her pride caused her to overestimate her own powers, and underestimate that of the others, as demonstrated when Lucifer casually slaughtered the other pagan gods. Kali always demanded a certain level of respect.
Powers & AbilitiesEdit
Kali claimed she had the potential to destroy the world as "The Destroyer" (although she never showed any proof of this claim). Also, she was one of, if not the strongest pagan deities, as she was able to bind Gabriel, an Archangel, to her presence, which in itself is impressive, and she could casually overpower Mercury who was also a powerful god. She even managed to momentarily stall Lucifer, a feat none of the other gods present managed (although this was more out of Lucifer demonstrating his superiority, than Kali demonstrating her power).
- Pyrokinesis - She can summon fire at will and use it offensively like a flame thrower.
- Telekinesis - She was able to move and drop the ceiling lamps when the Winchesters tried to leave the room just by looking at it.
- Biokinesis - She choked Mercury with her mind until he coughed up blood.
- Blood Spell - She was able to forever bind people and even archangels to her by using their blood.
- Immortality - Like all gods, Kali is ancient, does not age or get sick, and can potentially live forever.
- Invulnerability - As a goddess, Kali cannot be killed by conventional means. However, more powerful beings are able to harm or kill her.
- Teleportation - She is able to travel from place to place by thought, and can even travel to other planets. However she was unable to use this ability on herself or the Winchesters because Lucifer was blocking her power.
Kali helped organise the meeting at the Elysian Fields Motel. Dean first met her in the buffet area and attempted to hit on her, to which Kali simply responded, "No." She had Mercury gather blood from both Sam and Dean, so their souls are now forever bound to her by blood spell. Kali suggests - during the meeting - that they take violent actions towards the archangels. Kali obtained blood from Gabriel's vessel and bound him to her as well.
She later killed him to show the remaining gods that with an Archangel sword, the gods can ultimately defeat Lucifer. Little did she know, Gabriel's sword was a fake, and Mercury would betray the rest of the gods and sell them out to Lucifer. Lucifer killed all the gods except Kali, who escaped with Sam and Dean while Gabriel confronted Lucifer.
- The name Kali comes from kāla, which means black, time, death, lord of death.
- Kali literally meaning "the black one", is considered the goddess of time and change.
- She is sometimes presented as dark and violent.
- She has an almost unquenchable thirst for violence.
- Kali is portrayed mostly in two forms: the popular four-armed form and the ten-armed Mahakali form.
- She is described as being black in colour but is most often depicted as blue in popular Indian art.
- She is often depicted naked, which symbolizes her being beyond the covering of Maya, since she is pure.