|“||I've never hurt anyone. Nobody human, anyway. I didn't choose this. Please. Please give me a chance.||”|
Kate met Michael Wheeler while he and Brian Wilcox were filming. Throughout his ordeal of becoming a werewolf, she supported and tried to help him. She began, however, to develop a dislike for his roommate Brian, who also began to develop feelings for her, for antagonizing Michael. She watched as the two of them, now both werewolves, argued which eventually degraded into a fight.
She was turned by Brian after he stabbed her boyfriend Michael in a fight with a silver knife. Enraged, she used her newly acquired werewolf powers to rip Brian apart. Kate spent her last moments before leaving placing a sheet over her boyfriend and leaving a message for Sam and Dean asking them to give her a chance. She promised not to hurt anyone who is human and to only feed on animals. Sam and Dean ultimately decide not to kill her, and she is last seen walking away from a tractor trailer.
While tracking werewolf kills in Durham, Washington, Sam and Dean find and capture Kate who doesn't deny being the killer and dares them to kill her. As Dean is distracted by Sam, Kate brings out her claws to cut herself free. As she escapes, Sam and Dean find out that she is not the killer as there was another attack across town while she was with them.
After Sam and Dean track down the other werewolf and come under attack, Kate saves them and keeps them from killing the other werewolf who she reveals is her sister, Tasha. Kate explains that she hasn't killed anyone except Brian because he was crazy and that she is controlling what she is by eating animal hearts and using yoga and meditation. Kate shows them a silver knife she keeps on her in case she loses control like Brian so she can kill herself if that happens. Kate tells them that after leaving school, she went home, but couldn't bring herself to go in in case she harmed her family so she left to start a new life.
After finding out that Tasha was fatally injured in a bad car accident, Kate visited her in the hospital and decided to turn her into a werewolf to heal her injuries and save her. A chance to finally use her curse for something good was something she also relished. Kate kidnapped Tasha, turned her, and so she survived. Kate explained what happened to her and hoped she would follow in her footsteps. However, Tasha embraced her werewolf side unlike Kate and went on a killing rampage. Kate insists she can control Tasha and asks for a chance for her like they gave her. Dean claims there's now another option, that they can cure Kate and Tasha if Kate leads them to her. Kate is dubious as, as far as she knows, there is no cure - but Dean claims one has been found. Kate happily agrees and tells them she will lead them to where they can find Tasha.
Kate leads Sam and Dean to her parents' cabin where, much to Kate's surprise, Dean handcuffs her to the Impala's steering wheel. Kate realises she's been tricked and there is no cure and desperately pleads for Tasha's life as Sam and Dean arm themselves and head into the cabin. Kate manages to break free eventually only to find Tasha and two other werewolves holding Sam and Dean captive. Tasha explains the others are Brandon and Travis who she recently turned to be her pack and their new "family." Tasha demands that Kate either join the pack or leave, but Kate refuses to leave or to kill Sam to join the pack. After the others leave the room, Kate tries to talk sense into her sister who proclaims that she is now a superhero and won't be walked all over anymore as she's now the one to be feared, a far cry from the timid and fearful person she was before. Realizing that she's lost Tasha, Kate tells Tasha she loves her, hugs her and then kills her with her silver knife. Kate takes Tasha's matching bracelet and flees before Sam and Dean dispatch Brandon and Travis and come in to find her already gone. They are impressed that she kept her word and managed to kill her beloved sister.
At a truck stop, Kate calls her phone which Sam and Dean have and they agree to let her go again as long as she stays away from them and continues to not harm humans. Kate agrees, and will attempt to do so, but can't promise as she now knows just how easy it is to lose control. Kate hangs up, adjusts the two bracelets on her arm, then walks away down the road, alone once more.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Super Strength - As a werewolf, she was very strong. She was able to tear Brian Wilcox, another werewolf, apart with her bare hands.
- Invulnerability - As a werewolf, only silver can kill her. She wields a silver knife as a Plan-B, if she starts to lose control.
- Super Speed - She was able to move incredibly fast.
- Shapeshifting - As a pureblood, she could transform independently from the moon.
- Claws - As a werewolf, she had razor sharp claws which she used to kill. She showed the ability to summon her claws without transforming fully to cut through a rope.
- Fangs - As a werewolf, she had razor sharp fangs which she used to eat.
- Regeneration - As a werewolf, she could regenerate wounds that would normally kill humans.
- Infectious Bite - As a werewolf, she could infect others with the curse.
- Hunger Control - At some point of her life after she became a werewolf, she started to practice Yoga. Her training is enough to suppress her hunger for human flesh, so she is still capable of maintaining her humanity long enough.
- Silver - As a werewolf, Kate is vulnerable to silver. A wound to the heart with silver could kill her while just being touched by silver-coated handcuffs burned her skin.
- Season 8
- Season 10
- Kate would've become an environmental lawyer if she wasn't turned.
- She knows a lot about cameras and the lenses needed to be used.
- She turned her sister into a werewolf to keep her from dying.
- Kate killed her sister once she could no longer be controlled.
- Kate keeps a silver knife on her so she can kill herself if she ever loses control.
- Kate is the only recurring werewolf on the show besides Garth, who was human for all but one of his appearances.
- Kate has killed two other werewolves in her life: Brian Wilcox and her own sister Tasha.