Lost & Found is the season premiere of Season 13. It aired on October 12, 2017.
|There was something about being there... It felt pure.|
This episode summary is an official CW press release. It may contain errors.
DO NOT CHANGE!
Season 13 begins exactly where we left off, with Sam and Dean left to pick up the pieces after the loss of their mother, the demise of Crowley (Mark Sheppard) and the heartbreaking death of Castiel. The birth of Jack leaves the Winchester brothers with differing opinions on how to deal with a Nephilim. After being dragged into the breach, Mary (guest star Samantha Smith) must learn to survive Lucifer and an apocalyptic world.
- Jared Padalecki as Sam Winchester
- Jensen Ackles as Dean Winchester
- Mark Pellegrino as Lucifer
- Misha Collins as Castiel
- Alexander Calvert as Jack
- Carlena Britch as Miriam
- Ish Moris as Conrad
- Erika Walter as Lily
- Andrea Menard as Christine Barker
- Rob Raco as Clark Barker
- Brett Kelly as Clark's co-worker
- Hyuma Frankowski as Officer Earl Perkins
Featured Supernatural BeingsEdit
- Angels (Conrad, Lily, Miriam)
- Archangel (Lucifer)
- Crossroad Demon (Crowley; mentioned only)
- Nephilim (Jack)
- Primordial Entity (God, mentioned only)
- Prince of Hell (Dagon, mentioned only)
- Seraph (Castiel, corpse only)
- The episode picks up right after the events of All Along the Watchtower.
- The alternate universe was previously seen in All Along the Watchtower.
- Castiel's wings was previously seen in All Along the Watchtower.
- Regular angels were previously featured in the Season 12 episode, The Future.
- An angel banishing sigil is used in this episode. It was previously used in Season 11 episode, Alpha and Omega though it was created but unused in Season 12 episode, Lily Sunder Has Some Regrets.
- The episode was watched by 2.10 million viewers and got a 0.7 rating.
- This is the first season premiere to not feature Crowley since I Think I'm Gonna Like It Here in Season 9, although he was in the Impala's trunk, making noise during one scene.
- This is the third season premiere to feature Lucifer and an Archangel with Sympathy for the Devil in Season 5 and Meet the New Boss in Season 7 being the first two.
- This is the third season premiere to feature a Winchester ally holding an angel blade with Season 11 (Castiel) and Season 12 (Mary Winchester) being the first two.
- This is the first episode of the series to feature the same alternate universe.
- This is the first episode in which Alexander Calvert is credited as a regular. He was credited as a guest star in his previous appearance in Season 12 finale.
- Jack reveals that he believes Lucifer is not his father, but is Castiel, due to everything that Kelly told him about Castiel. He also revealed that Kelly Kline's soul is in Heaven.
- This episode features the first time that Sam kills an angel.
- When Sam uses the angel banishing sigil on Conrad and Lily, the angel blade that Conrad is holding at the time of his banishment remains behind. It noticeably drops to the ground from midair once he's gone. This effect of the angel banishing sigil is not seen before this episode.
- The scene where Dean wraps Castiel's body in a sash is called "Keriah", a Jewish funeral rite something only the spouse, sibling, parent or child does to show the depth of their loss right before the funeral.
- Clark’s line “He's fired me like 7 times, and I keep coming back,” is a nod to how many times Castiel has died on the show (Lucifer Rising in Season 4, Swan Song in Season 5, Meet the New Boss and Hello, Cruel World in Season 7, What's Up, Tiger Mommy? in Season 8, I'm No Angel in Season 9 and All Along the Watchtower in Season 12).
- This is the first episode to not feature the Men of Letters bunker since the Season 12 episode, Ladies Drink Free.
- The CW's official summary for this episode cites Mark Sheppard despite him not being in the episode.
- When Sam and Dean are first talking in the car, the camera can be seen reflecting in the window near the end of the scene.
|“||Castiel? He's dead. All the way dead. Because of you.||”|
|“||You say thank you. You say you're sorry. You hope they're somewhere without sadness, or pain. You hope they're somewhere better. You say goodbye.||”|
|“|| Okay, Chuck… or God, or whatever. I need your help. See, you– you left us. You left us. You went off. You said… You said the earth would be fine because it had me… and Sam, but it’s not, and we’re not.
’Cause after everything that you’ve done, you owe us, you son of a bitch. So you get your ass down here and you make this right, right here and right now.