Mamma Mia is the 2nd episode of Season 12. It aired on October 20th, 2016.
RICK SPRINGFIELD GUEST STARS — Dean, Castiel and Mary have a lead on Sam and set out to rescue him. Dean is uncomfortable with putting Mary in danger but she insists on going along. Meanwhile, Crowley is tipped off that Lucifer has taken over the body of rock star Vince Vincente (special guest star Rick Springfield).
Main Cast Edit
- Jared Padalecki as Sam Winchester
- Jensen Ackles as Dean Winchester
- Misha Collins as Castiel
- Mark A. Sheppard as Crowley
Recurring Cast Edit
Special Guest Stars Edit
Guest Stars Edit
- Elizabeth Blackmore as Lady Toni Bevell
- Samantha Smith as Mary Winchester
- Ruth Connell as Rowena
- Adam Fergus as Mick Davies
Featured Supernatural Beings Edit
- This is the least watched episode of Season 12 so far with 1.61 million viewers and a 0.6 rating.
- "Mamma Mia" is the name of a 1970s hit song from the Swedish pop group ABBA. It is also the name of a musical featuring their songs.
- This episode is the fifth episode of Supernatural to not include any deaths. Previous episodes with that distinction include: The Monster at the End of This Book, When the Levee Breaks, Inside Man and Alpha and Omega.
- This is the first time Lucifer has shown his wings.
- There's also an easter egg in the episode.
- In the set decoration of Vince Vincente's hotel we can see lyrics of John Lennon's "Imagine". In response to the June 12th 2016 [Orlando nightclub shooting], Jerry Wanek placed lyrics from John Lennon's song "Imagine" in the set decoration of Vince Vincente's hotel. After the episode aired, Wanek tweeted "Thought we needed serenity after Orlando tragedy."
- Lucifer previously appeared in We Happy Few.
- Lucifer approaches Vince the same way he approached his first vessel, Nick, by causing visions of blood, then taking on the guise of Vince's deceased lover, dressed in the deceased lover's nightgown.