Mary was a 19-year-old girl living by herself in Fort Wayne, Indiana. She had won a few local beauty contests and dreamed of getting out of Indiana, and becoming an actress. She was murdered on March 29th (year unspecified) when someone broke into her apartment and murdered her, cutting out her eyes with a knife. Before she died, in front of a mirror, she tried to spell out her killer's name but only managed the letters T-R-E.
A surgeon called Trevor Sampson was suspected but nothing was ever proven and her murder went unsolved. In revenge, Mary haunts the old mirror, killing people hiding secrets about unsolved deaths. She was destroyed by Dean and Sam after she escaped from her mirror and they showed her her own reflection - causing her to kill herself because of all the deaths she had caused.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
Like many other vengeful spirits she was quite powerful. She also possessed some unique abilities that other vengeful spirits don't commonly have.
- Biokinesis - Mirroring the way she herself was killed, her victims eyes would bleed and eventually liquify, causing an accumulate blood within the brain that would kill them. This could be used upon her by showing her her own reflection while she was using the power on a victim. However, instead of just bleeding from her eyes, her entire body would turn into blood.
- Possession - She possessed reflective surfaces, and also could possess people reflections, causing them to move on their own and accuse her victims of their guilt as they died.
- Teleportation - She could appear in any reflective surface near the mirror where she died and wherever anyone summoned her.
- Super speed - Out of the mirror, she could move unimaginably fast.
- Mind Reading - Due to being in a mirror, which as the lore said could reveal the secrets of a person, she knew if a person was or at least thought they were responsible for a death.
- Salt - As a ghost, she could not pass through salt lines.
- Lack of Reflections - As she appeared through mirrors, covering any reflective surfaces would keep her from affecting her victims.
- The mirror behind the place where she died - She was not immune to her own power when outside of mirrors. Seeing her own reflection caused it to come to life and confront her about her own killings as a ghost, resulting in her melting into a puddle of blood, permanently dispersing her.