|“||I could have done this quick, but I wanted to enjoy it. That moment when the soul leaves the body. It's beautiful.||”|
He encountered Lucifer from the main universe and after defeating him, he captured and made plans to invade his world but Lucifer escaped back to his world and made a few aware of this threat. Michael later encountered Lucifer's son Jack and attempted to use him to open a rift to the main world but Jack escaped with Mary Winchester. Michael sent his forces to capture him but they failed and this caused Jack to form a resistance against the Archangel.
In the months that followed, the two would fight a war before Sam and Dean Winchester along with others arrive to evacuate the resistance from Apocalypse World. At the site of the rift, Michael arrived and met his enemies face to face and after a brief battle with Lucifer, he fought and killed Gabriel. However, his attempts to reach the other world failed as Gabriel held Michael off long enough for the rift to close before he could reach it. Michael then formed a brief alliance with Lucifer to get to the other world.
Following Lucifer becoming super-charged by stealing his son's Grace, Michael formed an alliance with Dean Winchester, his true vessel and the Michael Sword to defeat Lucifer once and for all, albeit with Dean in control. After granting Dean the power to kill Lucifer, Dean and Lucifer engaged in battle, which resulted in Dean finally killing Lucifer. With Lucifer now dead, Michael took full control of his true vessel and was let loose upon the Main Universe.
Michael wandered Earth, asking people what they desire but found none of interest. He soon turned his attention to monsters, kidnapping several different kinds to find ways to cure their weaknesses. After doing so, Michael allied with a pack of werewolves to rid the world of humanity. He also abandoned Dean's body for yet unknown reasons.
Very soon, Michael prepared to unleash his monster army before he was confronted by Team Free Will who were armed with Kaia's spear. Michael then retook control of Dean, after it is revealed that he wanted to break his spirit because of his prior resistance. After destroying the spear, he revealed himself and let his monsters loose on the city.
According to Michael and Bobby Singer, both from this alternate reality, since Sam and Dean were not born in this universe, the Apocalypse came resulting in Heaven and Hell being locked in an eternal war. Michael defeated alternate Lucifer, however, stating that he "tore apart Lucifer in the skies over Abilene".
In The Rising Son, Michael shows up in front of Lucifer and Mary Winchester from the main reality after Lucifer effortlessly kills a group of angels who try to smite him and do not believe he is Lucifer. He can tell he's Lucifer but questions how it is possible before he learns they are from another reality and tells them of his Lucifer's fate and shows he desires to do the same to this Lucifer, who responds by punching him. They fight before Michael quickly defeats and restrains Lucifer.
Michael decides to spare Lucifer for an unspecified purpose, saying he "needs him".
In War of the Worlds, he imprisons Lucifer and looks through his mind to look upon the world he came from. Seeing a chance at a better world, Michael decides to invade it and has Kevin Tran make a portal to enter the world. Michael taunts Lucifer over his powerless as the latter defends himself. Michael asks Kevin what he needs for the spell as the latter states the spell he's creating needs the essence of an archangel.
Not wanting to waste his own grace on it, Michael steals some of Lucifer's grace but leaves enough for future use and heals his wound. Kevin then does the spell, which is successful in opening a rift but Lucifer uses it as a chance to break free and jumps through it, returning to his world. Michael angrily tells an excited Kevin to fix this problem as he expresses fury at Lucifer's escape.
Following Lucifer's escape to the main reality, he rescues Castiel from hostile angels and warns him of the threat that Michael poses, something he feels warrants them working together, despite their past differences. Following their capture by Asmodeus, who also becomes aware of the threat from this Michael, stating if it was true he needed Jack to help him out.
During Various & Sundry Villains, while held captive Lucifer mentions Michael as Castiel remains skeptical of these claims. Lucifer soon compares this Michael to his own brother as he stated that when he puts his mind to something he'll do it. Lucifer tells Castiel there will be little time for Michael to arrive. He soon reveals Michael is torturing Mary Winchester, which horrifies and angers Castiel who cuts him off.
After escaping Asmodeus, Castiel returns to the bunker and reveals to the Winchesters that Michael intends to invade and take over their world, which worries them. The brothers intended to use an angel tablet that Donatello Redfield could read to use a spell and open a rift to get their mother and Jack out of the world before Michael harms them. Asmodeus (while disguising himself as Castiel) talks with the prophet for information on Michael and receives a little.
After Lucifer escaped the Winchesters and Castiel, Arthur Ketch also offers to act as double agent for them since he knew of both Lucifer and Michael's threat.
Asmodeus later states he can't risk the threat of two archangels (Lucifer and Michael) giving him trouble. To have a contingency plan for Michael's possible arrival, Asmodeus reveals to Ketch that he had a Archangel Blade and Gabriel in his possession.
During Good Intentions, Michael watches impatiently as Zachariah uses mind manipulation on Jack to coerce him into forming a rift to his world. Zachariah assures Michael his methods will work. However, Jack wakes up from the illusion and identifies Michael who flings both Jack and Zachariah aside and prepared to make the Nephilim submit.
Michael easily overpowered Jack and threw him in Mary Winchester's cell. When Jack awoke, Mary told him of Michael's intentions to kill her in front of Jack if he refuses to comply with opening a rift to their world so Michael's army can invade. The two prisoners later escape, due to the weakening of warding in Michael's fortress. Infuriated by their escape, Michael dispatches Zachariah and a squad of angels to pursue them but warns his subordinates not to fail him.
In the end, Zachariah is killed along with his squad by Jack who is praised for saving the human colony but he tells the humans for them to be truly safe in this world is that he has to kill Michael and free the world from his grasp.
In Bring 'em Back Alive, it is mentioned a human resistance led by Jack and Mary has formed against Michael and his army. An angel commander wanted to bring Charlie Bradbury before Michael since she stood in the inner circle.
In the main universe, Gabriel is informed of this Michael's impending invasion and did not want to fight him.
During Funeralia, Castiel went to Heaven to seek out the angels' help in fighting the alternate Michael who wants to invade and conquer their world. The angels were shocked to hear this though wary of him, they decide to hear Castiel out. Naomi also promised to help Castiel in the problem with Michael if he locates Gabriel for Heaven.
In Exodus, as Sam and Dean were convincing Jack and Mary to evacuate to their world both insisted on staying to defeat Michael. The brothers got through to their mother while Lucifer told Jack not to make a rash decision as it might cost him so much.
As Sam, Dean, Gabriel, and Lucifer were evacuating the humans from Apocalypse World through the rift, Michael made his entrance by killing many humans in his arrival. He greeted his foes as his appearance shocked the Winchesters and company at finally seeing him in person. Lucifer stepped forward to attack him as Michael mocked Lucifer by sarcastically asking if he really wants to fight again after their recent altercation, which Lucifer simply responds by agreeing and throws a blast at Michael. Michael is barely knocked back, however, and soon blasts Lucifer, swiftly knocking him down. He then approached the Winchesters and was surprised as he saw Gabriel.
Gabriel told Sam and Dean to retreat as he engaged Michael who readied an archangel blade, the two fought and although Gabriel briefly held his own, Michael quickly beat Gabriel and killed him. Michael tried to go after the Winchesters as they retreated but to no avail.
Afterwards, Michael was seen talking with Lucifer as they were making a deal to get to the other world. He was skeptical of Lucifer's trustworthiness but the latter told Michael of the ingredients for the ritual as he asked what he wanted. Lucifer wanted his son while Michael wanted everything else and questioned if they had a deal.
In Let the Good Times Roll, Michael suddenly appears in a gas station to the shock of the Winchesters and Castiel. Unable to defeat Michael, Dean ignites a trail of holy fire, holding Michael back long enough for the Winchesters and Castiel to escape in the Impala.
Shortly afterwards, Michael breaks into the Men of Letters bunker, causing the Winchesters to order their mother and Bobby Singer to flee. Michael attacks the Winchesters and Castiel who prove to be no match for him. Strangling Dean slowly to death, Michael gloats about his plan to cleanse the Main Universe before Sam's prayers draw Jack to the bunker. Jack blasts Michael away from Dean with telekinesis and causes Michael to suffer great pain and bleed from his eyes and ears. Before Jack can kill Michael, Lucifer appears, angering Michael that Lucifer has betrayed their deal. Too weak to do anything, Michael watches the confrontation between Lucifer and Jack, ending with Lucifer stealing Jack's grace and disappearing with Jack and Sam.
With Lucifer gone, Dean and Castiel turn on Michael who, severely weakened, explains that Lucifer won. Michael explains that having consumed a Nephilim's grace, Lucifer is "super-charged" and can now end the whole universe if he wishes. Michael admits that he no longer possesses the strength to defeat Lucifer in his current state with a "banged-up" vessel and appears to accept that they are facing the end of everything. Dean remembers that he is the Michael Sword, Michael's perfect vessel who will make Michael stronger than he has ever been. Michael admits that together, he and Dean have a chance against Lucifer and seeing no other choice, Dean offers Michael a one-time deal: Dean remains in control while Michael powers him so that together they can fight Lucifer. Michael accepts the deal and Dean becomes his vessel.
As Jack is about to commit suicide to give Sam a chance to live, Dean appears in the church with Lucifer, Sam and Jack. With Michael now powering Dean who remains in control, Dean battles Lucifer, using several of Michael's powers in battle. Finally, thanks to having Michael inside of him, Dean is able to kill Lucifer with Michael's archangel blade.
Shortly after Lucifer's death, Michael goes back on his deal with Dean and takes full control of Dean's body. Thanking Dean for "the suit," Michael teleports away with Dean's body and later walks down a street wearing an old-fashioned suit and a British flat-cap as his new outfit.
In Stranger in a Strange Land, in the weeks that passed, Michael wanders the Earth asking others what they want but he is often disappointed in their answers even hurting them for their responses such as Jamil Hamed. Michael comes across Anael who is shocked to see him in Dean's body. After shrugging off her questions on why Dean gave his consent, he asks about her desire and ignores her statement of possessions before he comments that she wants love and acceptance, he labels her want as human and pathetic. He states that he knows that there few angels left and thought he could help but if they are like her, then they are not worth saving either before he leaves her. At one point, he came across the demon Kipling and their talk led the demon wondering about his own desire. Eventually, he seems to have finally found someone to answer his question truly honestly and a species that seems worth saving - vampires and states that they should work well together.
In Gods and Monsters , Michael is shown experimenting on captured vampires, mixing his angelic grace with their own blood and then feeding the vampires it, but this results in their deaths. A few escape and attack him but he kills them though allows one Lydia to escape in order to use her as bait for a trap. While looking in a mirror, Dean manifests and demands that Michael should abandon his body, only for Michael to refuse and bluntly state that he owned him.
Later on, Michael lures a female werewolf Melanie into his room and overpowers her after she tries to attack him. He forces her to summon her pack leader Philippe and reveals his archangel status to them before negotiating a deal with the leader with the intent of improving the monster race as he views the monster race as pure since they only kill for survival. He also assures Philippe that angels nor demons would be hindrance to his plans of wiping out humanity and he has found a way to help overcome their weaknesses.
Michael appeared before Lydia and told her why he spared her by revealing she was just the bait for a trap he set for Sam, Mary, and Bobby. Much later for unknown reasons, Michael leaves Dean's body and his whereabouts are unknown.
During The Scar, it is revealed that before Michael left Dean's body, he sought after Alternate Kaia and assured her that he wasn't Dean after she expressed hostility. Michael offered to form an alliance, but she refused and attacked him instead. Although the Archangel defeated Kaia and tossed her aside she managed to use Michael's arrogant mistake of not immediately dispatching her to trip him, regain her spear and wounded him in the arm before escaping. The wound is still visible in form of a scar that prominently stands out on Dean's skin.
It was mentioned in Nightmare Logic, that he has planted dozens of his enhanced monsters in quiet places so as to draw out hunters and kill them. One monster confused Dean for Michael until the latter informed him this was not the case but told Dean there were several monsters around. After killing the monster, Dean and Sam spread the word to other hunters of Michael's plans and his monsters so they will be better prepared.
In Byzantium, the angels have kept tabs on him and have suspected his whereabouts. Naomi offers Michael's location as a reward for his sacrifice in saving Heaven from The Shadow. After Jack's resurrection, Team Free Will think of a plan to defeat him now they know where he is.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
|“||I'm telling you this guy is not the same Michael that we once knew he's much more powerful||”|
- Lower Tier Nigh-Omnipotence - As he is the oldest and most powerful angel in his universe, Michael is tremendously powerful. Lucifer has noted that Michael is even much more powerful than the Michael of the main reality, being referred as the "Ranking Deity" of the world after God. Even for an Archangel, Michael's powers are extraordinarily large. Testament to his power is that he is capable of defeating his universe Lucifer and killing him and easily beating the main Lucifer. The thought of him invading the main world caused Asmodeus, one of the Princes of Hell, despite the latter gaining considerable power from feeding on the Grace of the Archangel Gabriel, to get scared and make plans to procure a Nephilim to have a chance to defeat him. His impending invasion also caused another archangel, Gabriel, to get scared and refuse to fight him. Michael indeed later quickly defeated and killed Gabriel in their altercation with little effort.
- Angelic Possession - Like all angels, Michael requires a vessel to walk the Earth and their permission to do so. Michael also knew a way reenter the body of Dean after he left him earlier even without consent.
- Astral Projection - Michael is able to display his wings.
- Clairsentience - He could detect that Lucifer was indeed Lucifer, saying that he could "feel it". Michael was also able to sense the location of the rift and made it to the area it was located as well as immediately sense Gabriel's presence inside his vessel. When he made it to the Main Universe, he could also sense that there were very few angels left in it.
- Electromagnetic Interference - The lights began to malfunction upon Michael's arrival outside the Men of Letters bunker, although it possibly happened because of the bunker's magical security system.
- Flight - Michael possesses a pair of large wings which gives him the ability to fly. His landing caused a large eruption and left behind a crater in the ground that killed several nearby hunters. He can also fly even without his wings, as shown when he levitated himself off the ground before landing down upon arriving on the Bunker, though this may have been him gliding using his invisible wings.
- Super Stamina - He does not require food, water, oxygen and sleep to sustain his being.
- Super Strength - Michael, as the strongest Archangel of his universe, is tremendously strong, much stronger than all other Angels of his universe, as shown by the fact that he had managed to overpower and defeat his universe's Lucifer, claiming to have torn him apart, as well as being able to effortlessly fling and overpower powerful angels of his universe such as Zachariah across a room. In his altercation with the main reality Lucifer, Michael proved to be able to overpower the latter easily, easily deflecting blows from Lucifer and swiftly beating him into submission and twisting his arm with little effort on his part. He later displayed even greater superiority towards the main reality Gabriel, overpowering and killing him with little effort. He was also able to easily overpower and fling the extremely powerful Nephilim son of Lucifer, Jack, to his prison, though Jack could not fight back due to Michael's warding. Michael later knocked out the Seraphim Castiel with a single punch to the face and instantly overpowered Sam and Dean without any effort. Inside his true vessel, Michael's strength is enhanced to the fullest. He granted Dean the strength needed to challenge the super-charged Lucifer, allowing him to easily kick him across a church, grapple with him on equal footing and stagger him a bit with his punches. He effortlessly defeated an entire pack of vampires to experiment on them and later on killed the ones who escaped and casually rendered a werewolf completely helpless to resist by choking and lifting her with a single hand before easily throwing her across the room. When he fought Kaia, a single kick from Michael was able to knock her down and stun her enough for her to drop her spear easily and with only a few blows, he was able to inflict bruises that has not healed as of now.
- Energy Blasts - When Lucifer and Michael dueled for the second time, Michael could conjure up powerful bluish energy blast to weaponize against Lucifer. Lucifer had difficulty blocking the energy projections and another energized blast was sufficient enough to overpower Lucifer and break through his invulnerability to injure him and cause him to bleed.
- Supernatural Perception - Michael is able to see things that are naturally invisible to humans. He could easily tell that Lucifer is what he claimed to be, but could not figure out why. Michael also quickly sensed Gabriel inside his vessel and managed to differentiate him from his reality's Gabriel. He also seems to be able to see souls when they are departing to the afterlife, as he openly professes his enjoyment of witnessing the human soul leave the body, calling it "beautiful".
- Localization - He is able to find humans, monsters and angels without the help of anything.
- Telepathy - Michael is able to read many of Lucifer's memories regarding his reality.
- Mind Control - At the same time he read Lucifer's Mind, Michael was able to forcibly compel him to tell Michael about the main reality.
- Healing - Michael is able to heal the wound he inflicted on Lucifer after removing his grace.
- Photokinesis - With a concentrated blast of white light, Michael was able to blast down the door to the Men of Letters bunker.
- Portal Creation - With Lucifer's help, Michael was able to open up a rift to the Main Universe using the Demon Tablet Alternate Reality Rift Opening Ritual to pursue his ambition of killing the Winchesters and taking over their world.
- Reality Warping - To make himself more menacing to Castiel and the Winchesters in their encounter in the gas station, Michael made his footsteps sound heavier as well as emitting an angelic high pitched ringing despite being in a vessel.
- Terrakinesis - Michael can bend the earth to his liking. In Let the Good Times Roll, he mentally provoked an entire gas station to shake violently and later boosted the intensity of the quake so much that it caused the windows to shatter and knocked over Team Free Will.
- Power Granting - While Dean acted as his vessel but remained in control of himself, Michael was able to grant Dean several of his abilities, making him capable of challenging the super-charged Lucifer. Using angelic grace, he was able to rid several monsters of their weaknesses and used it to enhance their powers.
- Teleportation - Michael's presence gave Dean the power to teleport from the Men of Letters bunker to the church where Lucifer was located.
- Localization - Dean was able to sense the location of Sam, Jack and Lucifer.
- Astral Projection - While confronting Lucifer, Dean was able to display Michael's wings.
- Super Strength - Michael's presence granted Dean great enough strength to knock Lucifer, a super-charged archangel, across a church with great force with just a kick, grapple with him evenly and stagger and harm him with his punches.
- Flight - Michael's presence granted Dean the power to levitate in mid-air and fly which Dean was able to use to fight Lucifer in the air.
- Invulnerability - Michael's presence granted Dean enough durability that he was able to take blows from the super charged Lucifer that flung him with great force without suffering injury despite the blows normally being fatal. However, he suffered some injury from close range punches though they didn't cause him serious injury. He also survived an attempted smiting completely unharmed.
- Regeneration - After mortally wounding Lucifer and falling to the ground, all of Dean's injuries from his fight with Lucifer instantly healed.
- Archangel Blade Wielding - Michael's presence granted Dean the power to wield an archangel blade against Lucifer to the point of killing him despite the fact that only an archangel can kill another archangel with the blade.
- Teleportation - After the death of Lucifer, Michael was able to teleport away from the church the fight had happened in. He was later able to teleport to Jamil's house and later to Anael without any effort.
- Smiting - Michael is able to smite monsters by just flashing his eyes, even without looking at them.
- Telekinesis - Simply by flashing his eyes blue, Michael was able to telekinetically fling a man across a room.
- Nigh-Omniscience - As an ancient primordial angel, Michael possesses a vast wealth of knowledge of not only his universe but the main one as well, after reading Lucifer's mind. After crossing over to the main universe, he immediately found Castiel and the Winchesters in a remote gas station and later found them again in the Men of Letters bunker, all on an earth far different from his. He was also already fully aware of Dean's role as his "Sword" undeterred by the fact that he came from a universe where Dean was never born. While possessing Dean, he accessed the latter's memories and was able to identify Garth as Dean's friend.
- Immortality - As an archangel, Michael has an infinitely long lifespan and is almost impossible to kill.
- Invulnerability - As an archangel, Michael is invulnerable to almost any harm. Punches from Lucifer and Gabriel, despite their incalculable physical strength, barely affected Michael and he was barely knocked back and completely unhurt by an energized blast thrown at him by Lucifer. When a lot of bullets were shot against him, he was completely unharmed. While in the vessel of Dean Winchester, his true vessel, his invulnerability is enhanced to the fullest, as shown when Dean fought the super-charged Lucifer, in which Dean, while in control, was able to take several blows from the Archangel without harm and only sustained minor injuries after a severe beating. Even a Smiting proved to be unable to kill him, although it caused him some pain, allowing Dean, who was in control of the time, to turn the tides and kill him. However, his invulnerability still has limits as he is still vulnerable to Alternate Kaia's spear, which can harm him for reasons unknown. He was also briefly knocked out by hitting his head on a rock after being tripped up by Alternate Kaia, though Michael was caught off guard and completely recovered within a mere second.
- Intimidation - Due to his status and powers as the strongest Archangel, combined with his ruthless personality, Michael commands such an intimidating presence that he terrifies even the strongest of angels, along with the Winchesters, and even Lucifer.
- Master Hand To Hand Combatant - Michael displays immense prowess in hand-to-hand combat, as he was able to easily block most of Lucifer blows and beat him to submission in seconds. He later disarmed Gabriel of his archangel blade and stabbed him with it, after having overpowered Lucifer for a second time. In a fight with the Alternate Kaia, Michael was able to easily deflect her spear strikes and quickly knock her down and disarm her with a single kick unarmed and she only escaped from him due to Michael making a mistake of not knocking out or killing Kaia first, which allowed Kaia to wound him but even then she admitted she could not defeat him and had to escape.
- Master Strategist/Tactician - Unlike Lucifer who was stubborn and impulsive with the powers of an Archangel, Michael is a master strategist with nearly limitless supernatural power. This attribute alone makes him even more dangerous than a super-charged Lucifer. He also attempted to gain possession of the spear owned by the Alternate Kaia, which can hurt him to prevent it from being used against him, further showing his strategic intellect. He later came up with a way to break Dean's spirit to end his resistance, shown by leaving his body but leaving a way back in and destroying the spear after Dean possessed it. He also destroyed the Hyperbolic pulse generator, another weapon that could impede his plans before unleashing his monster army.
Due to his sheer power and status as an archangel, Michael has very few weaknesses.
- Holy Fire - Holy fire can trap Michael at least temporarily. After Dean placed a line of holy fire in front of him, Michael could not cross until it went out.
- Archangel Blades - Can kill an archangel in the hands of another archangel.
- Nephilim - Without the warding's of Michael's fortress, Jack was easily able to blast Michael across a room with telekinesis and inflict great pain on Michael that damaged his vessel to the point that his eyes bled. After such an attack, Michael was too weak to defeat a super-charged Lucifer in his damaged vessel.
- Archangels - Although they are no match for him, it has been seen that other archangels are able to somewhat harm him, as shown when he faced off against both Lucifer and Gabriel of the main universe. Both of the single blow that Lucifer and Gabriel managed to land caused Michael some pain and staggered him. Also, an energy blast that Lucifer send at him was able to knock him off his feet.
- Alternate Kaia's Spear - For reasons unknown, this spear can injure Michael as seen when he was stabbed in the shoulder by her. Unlike the Archangels blades, the wielder can be human and still harm him enough for Dean to want to obtain it and kill him.
- Weak Vessels - While in a vessel that is not his true vessel, Michael is very powerful but not as strong as he could be. While in Dean Winchester, his true vessel, Michael is stated to be more powerful than he has ever been before.
|“||Saw your world. That paradise you left behind? Believe I'll take up residence, lend my guiding hand... While I was in your head, I saw what you're afraid of– being locked up again, like you were in the Cage. So after I'm done, you'll be left here, alone, in agony, forever.||”|
|“|| Jamil: What do you want?|
Michael: What I've always wanted. A better world.
This Michael appears to share his counterpart's dislike for Lucifer and took pleasure in murdering his own brother. He was eager to grant the same horrible fate to the Lucifer who had traveled from the main reality and considered the chance to do so a "good thing". However, though his counterpart admitted his love for his younger brother, this version of Michael seemed to have no such feelings.
He is very ruthless as he didn't hesitate to encage and torture Lucifer and Mary Winchester, an innocent human (though it is later revealed that he doesn't exactly view humans as innocent). He was not above harming his own subordinate, after he failed in his efforts to get Jack to open a rift. Michael even attacked the young Nephilim for his defiance against him. He appears to know of his own cruelty as he stated Team Free Will thought he was bad after he was defeated by Jack and Lucifer stole the latter's powers.
He is quite power hungry as after discovering that the pair came from another world and seeing it from reading Lucifer's mind he became very eager to invade the prime world. When it came to his own world he was incredibly wrathful and oppressive to the point that, combined with his tremendous power, it caused his own subordinates to be terrified of him. As mentioned in Bring 'em Back Alive, Michael is also willing to take humans he believes will be useful and enslave them to do his bidding, further showing his ruthlessness. Even Lucifer, the self proclaimed Devil and despite his own cruelty, was shown to be disgusted by Michael's malevolence to the point that he outright called him "pure evil."
He also appears to be somewhat sadistic, as he was shown taking pleasure in taunting and torturing Lucifer and chose to torture him in a cage simply due to Lucifer's fear of being imprisoned. When ordering Zachariah to kill Mary in front of Jack, he even told him to "make her feel it". He also promised Kevin Tran entry to Heaven if he were to act as a living bomb, to kill Jack's friends to break the latter's spirits of being unable to protect everyone even if he won. After using the Vampire, Lydia as bait to lure Sam, Bobby and Mary to him, Michael couldn't resist in taunting her by saying once the trap has been sprung you don't need the bait anymore, before murdering her and then proudly taunting her corpse. Michael also told Dean that he owned him, after the latter attempted to get him to leave and locked him back in his subconscious. His cruel amusement is usually directed at those who have angered him, who he hates or holds resentment for (a good example being Lucifer) or those who he considers inferior to him. Michael even took pleasure in delivering a savage beating to Castiel and revealing that he wanted to break Dean's spirit before he retook control in him and taunted his family before he unleashed his monster army on the world.
Michael can be condescending to people that he sees beneath him, as seen in his talk with Anael and called her desire of love and place to belong as pathetic. He also declared that angels and demons of the main Earth wouldn't be factor in stopping his plan when talking to werewolves.
He is unlike the main reality Michael who still loved all of his brothers, was more compassionate, and only wanted to kill Lucifer, as God told him to, and would take no pleasure in it as he told Dean in The Song Remains the Same. Ramiel even stated that Lucifer was the only angel Michael ever wanted to have to kill. A good example is when he saw Gabriel, he was surprised to see him but was quick to realize it was not his reality's Gabriel but the main reality's and had no qualms in fighting and soon killing him and smiled proudly as Gabriel's essence was burned out, and at the latter's dead body. Before Gabriel tried to fight him however, he appeared to be genuinely pleased and surprised to see his younger brother though realized they were not the same. He also took care in laying Gabriel's body on the ground rather than tossing it down, showing a level of care and gentleness for his brother even after killing him.
Lucifer compares this Michael to his own version of his brother, as he stated that when he puts his mind to something he'll do it no matter what the cost of who has to die to make it happen. This was seen when Lucifer told Castiel that nothing will stop Michael's invasion which goes along with his order to Kevin Tran after he managed to open a rift, to find a way to re-open the rift after it closed when Lucifer went through it and later, when Jack who he attempted to use to open a rift managed to escape, Michael immediately sent his forces to re-capture him, proving that he will not stop trying and will do whatever it takes to achieve his goals. According to Mary Winchester, Michael was going to kill her in front of Jack if he didn't comply with his demands, further showing his desire to get what he wants. Michael was even willing to make a deal with Lucifer get to the other world, despite his previous attempts to kill him.
He is also incredibly confident to the point of being arrogant. When faced with opponents such as Lucifer and Castiel, he did not even attempt to prevent them from attempting to attack him. When he first met the main version of Lucifer, he showed no signs of fear when he made it clear he wanted to fight him, only showing signs of eagerness to fight Lucifer again after killing his worlds Lucifer. When faced with Castiel, he even went so far as to attempt to provoke Castiel into attacking him. A hunter in Apocalypse World also believed that there was nothing he was scared of. While his incredible power and his ability to beat two versions of Lucifer as well as the main reality Gabriel proved his point, this confidence of his proved to be something of a weakness as he seemingly did not anticipate that Lucifer would betray their deal after making it to the Main Universe, as he was shown to be quite angry and appeared somewhat shocked after Lucifer betrayed their deal and allowed his son, Jack to attack him. He also did not do anything to prevent Sam from praying to Jack for help when Michael attacked Sam, Dean and Castiel at the Men of Letters Bunker, either because he did not notice, or was simply was not worried, despite Jack's immense power. This caused him to be violently almost killed by Jack, only stopping him, by exposing his deal with Lucifer. Michael was also confident that he and his monster army would win the war he was waging and stating he could kill Alternate Kaia despite her owning a weapon capable of harming and possibly killing him but while he did prove able to outfight her rather easily, his arrogance caused him to fail to kill Kaia as he did not knock out Kaia before going after her spear, seemingly not anticipating that she would be able to recover quick enough to catch him off-guard and this allowed Kaia to inflict a wound on him and escape along with the spear. The shock that the fact she recovered quick to catch him off guard also prevented him from reacting quick enough to prevent her from regaining the spear and harming him with it before escaping.
He does not seem to have any personal loyalties, as he seemingly had no qualms in abandoning his faithful army of angels to invade Earth with Lucifer, despite leading them for centuries. This was seen when he showed no emotion when seeing Lucifer destroy them in their first meeting. He also implied that he'd kill Zachariah if he failed to procure Jack. However, while attempting to find a way to the main world, he initially wanted to take his army with him but ultimately decided to go alone when he actually managed to open a rift to get there. In addition, he was genuinely disappointed when Anael failed to live up to his expectations of what an Angel should be, saying that at first he wanted to help but seeing her made him convinced that the Angels are not worthy of saving, similar to Lucifer's statement in Bring 'em Back Alive.
|“||Now this world is mine. I can save it purge it of sin. (...) I'm not perfect yes I've made mistakes but second times the charm. And you Dean Winchester will be the first life I take in this world, first soul I save. Some would consider that an honor.||”|
Ironically, despite his resentment of Lucifer, Michael has shown a great hatred of humanity, as shown by how instead of bringing paradise on Earth, he instead hunted down humans after killing Lucifer. After arriving on the main universe, Michael immediately showed a desire to cleanse Earth of humanity, but to do a better job than he had done in his own world. Michael was not above admitting that he'd made mistakes with his actions in his own world, but only intended to improve upon his methods rather than stop. This version of Michael also stated he enjoyed killing humans, expressing to Dean that he found it beautiful when the human soul leaves the body and wanted Dean to be his first victim. It is shown that his hateful view on humanity is due to their capacity for being corrupt and cruel as he has referred to Humans as Venal when talking to a Werewolf pack leader and said that from his perspective humans are the real monsters of the world. He also seemed to like the thought of himself and the Monsters waging war on and enslaving them, further showing his disapproval for human kind. However, Michael's hatred for humanity does not appear to be on a fundamental level as he was willing to let the Alternate Kaia live and join his side if she would give him her spear.
Somewhat similar to beings such as Ramiel, Michael appears to prefer using his fighting skills when going up against his opponents more than using his own innate powers. In his first fight with Lucifer, Michael fought and beat him without using any of his powers and simply using hand to hand combat skills. This was also seen again when he fought Gabriel and even when he went up against the Alternate Kaia for her spear, despite her using the spear to fight and possibly killing him if she'd hit him in the right place with the weapon. However, he does use sometimes use his powers when fighting his enemies such as when he used an energy blast when fighting Lucifer a second time.
Despite usually being very confident in his abilities, following his defeat by Jack, and Lucifer becoming super-charged, Michael showed a more defeated side, accepting that Lucifer could not be defeated. He also recognized his own limits and freely admitted them, stating that he could not defeat Lucifer in his current state though he enjoyed the thought of being able to kill Lucifer a second time. Even in his true vessel, he was not above admitting that he is not as powerful as God, though he still considered himself the closest thing to being him. It is currently unknown how his relationship with his father is, but given the main reality Michael's view on his father, it can be assumed that Michael may have respected God's authority and power enough to acknowledge that even he is not God's equal.
Despite his evil nature, Michael has shown himself to be surprisingly somewhat honorable, making a deal with Dean Winchester to gain Dean as a vessel and actually honoring it rather than going back on his word once he had Dean's consent, as he only gave Dean the power to fight Lucifer rather than taking control and fighting himself. Only after Lucifer's death did Michael go back on his word and take full control of Dean. His anger when Lucifer broke their deal rather than actually keeping it implied that he would have let Lucifer and Jack go wherever they want and not attempt to do anything to them had he kept their deal. After abandoning Dean's body, he didn't leave him an unresponsive husk (like Raphael did to his vessel) instead leaving him in his regular condition. Also, rather than take revenge on Jack for his attempt to kill him, he instead had him captured and offered him the chance to join him since they were both powerful beings.
Michael's first vessel appears as an African American man in his late-30s to early-40s with short black hair, black beard and dark eyes. He wears a long dark coat over a jacket and trousers.
When viewed through Anael's eyes, Michael appears as a bright blue-white aura surrounding Dean's body. In this forms, his wings are visible as more than a shadow, appearing completely corporeal.
- Season 13
- Season 14
- Stranger in a Strange Land (possessing Dean Winchester)
- Gods and Monsters (possessing Dean Winchester)
- The Scar (possessing Dean Winchester, flashback only)
- Mint Condition (mentioned only)
- Nightmare Logic (mentioned only)
- Byzantium (mentioned only)
- The Spear (possessing Unnamed Woman and Dean Winchester)
- He is the second "alternate" archangel on the series with Lucifer from the Season 5 episode The End being the first one.
- Alternate Michael is the main antagonist of season 13. He will have the same role in season 14.
- He is one of the few main antagonists who actually wins at the end of a season. The others are Castiel after he is empowered by Purgatory's souls and obliterated Raphael in the end of Season 6 and Lilith when she killed Dean in the end of Season 3.
- He is the only archangel and character to beat two different versions of Lucifer; one he killed from his reality, and the one from the main reality he physically beat in a fight. He later played a role in the death of the Main Universe's Lucifer though he did not kill him personally.
- The Michael in this universe is the only version of the archangel to reveal his wings in the series, as the Michael in the main universe never showed them. His wings are much larger than that of an ordinary angel's wings.
- However, the size at which his wings were portrayed is inconsistent: his wings were at their largest while possessing his original vessel, having apparently shrunken down slightly upon possessing Dean, and being perceived as much smaller than average angel's wings through Anael's angelic eyes.
- He is the second Archangel to take on an African American vessel with Raphael of the main reality being the first one.
- He's the only being that killed more than one Archangel: he killed his universe's Lucifer, Gabriel from the main reality, and allowed Dean to use his power by possessing him to kill the main reality Lucifer.
- He is also the first character to ever kill an Archangel from a universe other than his own.
- He seems to prefer classic/formal clothing, as he is seen wearing an old 1920's styled suit just moments after obtaining a new vessel.
- He has played a role in the deaths of two distinct versions of Lucifer, though he only provided the power necessary to kill one rather than killing him himself.
- He is the only angel to possess Dean Winchester.
- He seems to be a perfectionist, as he dismiss the humanity, angel kind and demon kind because their desires are too complicated for them to be honest about them, and choose monsters because most of them just want to eat, what he sees as truly pure desire.
- His experiments on monsters are a bit similar to what Eve did in the second half of Season 6; they both tried to enhance monsters in an attempt to use them to conquer Earth.
- Though Jack did not kill him, his attack on Michael makes him currently the most powerful being in the show Jack has defeated.