|“||I don't know what everybody's getting so worked up about. It's just a couple of angels having a slap-fight.||”|
Odin was one of the deities who met with the other deities, to try to work out a way to stop the Apocalypse. He was of a laid back disposition towards the whole thing, believing it to be a "slap fight between a couple of angels". He briefly got into an argument with Zao Shen when he began mocking the latter's world turtle.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
As a deity, Odin possessed several abilities common to his kind.
- Immortality - As a deity, Odin was not subject to old age or natural death.
- Invulnerability - Odin was immune to conventional weapons.
- Super strength - Odin possessed superhuman strength.
In Germanic mythology, Odin is a widely revered god. He is associated with healing, death, royalty, the gallows, knowledge, battle, sorcery, poetry, frenzy, and the runic alphabet. He is the husband of the goddess Frigg.
In Old Norse texts, Odin is depicted as one-eyed and long-bearded, frequently wielding a spear named Gungnir, and wearing a cloak and a broad hat. He is often accompanied by his animal companions—the wolves Geri and Freki and the ravens Huginn and Muninn, who bring him information from all over Midgard—and Odin rides the flying, eight-legged steed Sleipnir across the sky and into the underworld.
Odin is attested as having many sons, most famously the god Baldur, though this fact was not mentioned in Supernatural, despite the two appearing in the same episode.
- Odin claimed both the existence of Jormungandr and Fenrir. Additionally, he also mocked Zao Shen's world turtle, indicating it may also exist or had existed at one point in time.
- Odin is said to be killed by the giant wolf Fenris during the battle of Ragnarok. The Maw of Fenris was a werewolf cult in which Garth's mother-in-law and her relatives were members of in Sharp Teeth.
- Duncan Fraser, the actor who portrayed Odin, also portrayed Clive in There's No Place Like Home.
- W. Morgan Sheppard, father of Mark Sheppard, the actor who portrayed Crowley, voiced Odin in the Disney animated series Gargoyles.