|Status||Deceased (killed by Lucifer)|
|Occupation||Chief Norse deity|
|Portrayed by:||Duncan Fraser|
Season 5 Edit
Odin was one of the deities who met with the other deities, to try to work out a way to stop the Apocalypse. He was of a laid back disposition towards the whole thing, believing it to be a "slap fight between a couple of angels".
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
As a deity, Odin possessed several abilities common to his kind.
- Immortality - As a deity, Odin was not subject to old age or natural death.
- Invulnerability - Odin was immune to conventional weapons.
- Super strength - Odin possessed superhuman strength.
- Archangels - Odin was easily killed by Lucifer.
Lore EditIn Germanic mythology, Odin is a widely revered god. He is associated with healing, death, royalty, the gallows, knowledge, battle, sorcery, poetry, frenzy, and the runic alphabet. He is the husband of the goddess Frigg.
In Old Norse texts, Odin is depicted as one-eyed and long-bearded, frequently wielding a spear named Gungnir, and wearing a cloak and a broad hat. He is often accompanied by his animal companions—the wolves Geri and Freki and the ravens Huginn and Muninn, who bring him information from all over Midgard—and Odin rides the flying, eight-legged steed Sleipnir across the sky and into the underworld.
Odin is attested as having many sons, most famously the god Baldur, though this fact was not mentioned in Supernatural, despite the two appearing in the same episode.
- Odin claimed both the existence of Jormungandr and Fenrir. Additionally, he also mocked Zao Shen's world turtle, indicating it may also be existing or existed at one point in time.
- Odin is said to be killed by the giant wolf Fenris during the battle of Ragnarok. The Maw of Fenris was a werewolf cult in which Garth's mother-in-law and her relatives were members of in Sharp Teeth.
- Duncan Fraser, the actor who portrays Odin, also portrays Clive in There's No Place Like Home.