Patience is the 3rd episode of Season 13. It aired on October 26, 2017.
When her friend is murdered by a wraith (guest star Jon Cor) with a taste for psychics, Missouri (guest star Loretta Devine) enlists the help of Dean and Jody (guest star Kim Rhodes) to protect her granddaughter, Patience (guest star Clark Backo), who has no idea she shares her grandmother’s trait and could be next on the wraith’s hit list. Meanwhile, Sam continues to work with Jack on learning how to control his powers.
- Jared Padalecki as Sam Winchester
- Jensen Ackles as Dean Winchester
- Misha Collins as Castiel
- Alexander Calvert as Jack
- Clark Backo as Patience Turner
- Adrian Holmes as James Moseley
- Jon Cor as Wraith
- Chelsey Reist as Dede
- Chanelle Peloso as Ronson
- Karen Khunkhun as News Reporter
- Elijah Silva as Gas Station Attendant
- La'Mya Jackson as young Patience Turner
Featured Supernatural BeingsEdit
- Nephilim (Jack)
- Prince of Hell (Asmodeus; mentioned only)
- Psychics (Missouri Moseley, Patience Turner, Dede)
- Seraph (Castiel)
- Wraith (Psychic Attacker)
- Missouri Moseley previously appeared in the Season 1 episode, Home. This is the longest gap between appearances for a character with a span of 258 episodes. The Winchesters refer to this when they comment on the fact that its been more than a decade since they've seen her.
- Jody Mills previously appeared in the Season 12 episode, Who We Are.
- A wraith was previously featured as the monster of the week in the Season 5 episode, Sam, Interrupted.
- Jack watched a video made for him by Kelly Kline in Season 12 episode, All Along the Watchtower.
- The Empty was previously mentioned by Billie in the Season 11 episode, Form and Void.
- The episode was watched by 1.93 million viewers and got a 0.6 rating. This is the show's highest third episode rating since Soul Survivor in Season 10.
- This is the twenty-third episode to be named after a character with Bloody Mary, Are You There God? It's Me, Dean Winchester, It's the Great Pumpkin, Sam Winchester, Death Takes A Holiday, Lucifer Rising, The Curious Case of Dean Winchester, Sam, Interrupted, Weekend at Bobby's, Death's Door, Party On, Garth, We Need To Talk About Kevin, A Little Slice of Kevin, Everybody Hates Hitler, Dog Dean Afternoon, Alex Annie Alexis Ann, Thin Lizzie, Don't Call Me Shurley, Celebrating The Life Of Asa Fox, Lily Sunder Has Some Regrets, Regarding Dean, Twigs & Twine & Tasha Banes and There's Something About Mary being the first twenty-two.
- Adrian Holmes previously appeared on the series as a demon in the season 3 episode, Time Is On My Side.
- Chelsey Reist also appeared on The CW's The 100.
- Alexander Calvert and Adrian Holmes both made recurring appearances on Arrow.
- This episode marks the first death of a recurring Winchester ally since Eileen Leahy in Season 12. Both Eileen and Missouri were killed by monsters who were targeting them.
- It is revealed that Sam's reason for helping Jack is because of how he felt, and was treated, when he had his own psychic powers from Azazel.
- This is the first episode to feature The Empty.
|“||You have an angel watching over you.||”|
|“||No, there'll be none of that. I've seen how this turns out. I run, you catch me, I die. I stay, I die. But this way, my people, they're going to murder your ass.||”|
|“||This life, hunting, monsters. There's no joy in it. There's nothing but pain, horror and death. So if you get a chance at normal, take it.||”|
|“||You don't have to listen to him, to either of them, if it's not what you really want. I had a daughter, I guess, Claire, and I asked her to stay in line, to fight who she really was 'cause I thought it would keep her safe. It didn't work. It never does. Your gift, you know, maybe you're right. Maybe it'll go away. But if it doesn't... you try to force it down to make someone else happy, you will only make yourself miserable. It's your choice but if you ever need someone to talk to or some place to go, my door is always open.||”|
|“||I know what it feels like, to feel like you don't belong, to feel like there's this darkness inside of you. To be scared of who you are, what you can do. Dean... Cas, my family helped me through that. So now I wanna help you||”|
|“||He manipulated him. He made him promises. Promised him paradise on Earth. And Cas bought it, and you know what that got him? It got him dead! Now you might be able to forget that, but I can't!||”|