The President of the United States is the highest position and rank in the United States government.
The position was formed shortly after the American Revolution, during which America broke its ties with England and sought to become independent. The president has the highest authority in the United States. A person can be president for only two four-year terms and is elected by the citizens. The president is protected by the Secret Service, and he generally resides in the White House.
As of yet, eight presidents have been mentioned or referenced, though only one has appeared. They include Abraham Lincoln, whose wax figure's form was used by a Leshi to kill its victims; John F. Kennedy and Richard Nixon were also shown to have wax figures; Harry S. Truman was briefly mentioned; George W. Bush's portrait was shown in Ken Lay's heaven; Barack Obama was mentioned twice; Donald J. Trump succeeded the most recent president Jefferson Rooney.
Jefferson sought to make America a more spiritual country, and was approached by the archangel Lucifer with an offer of assistance, in exchange for allowing possession. Jefferson said "yes", and Lucifer took control of him, acting as the president while receiving advice on how to behave from Jefferson himself. Lucifer ordered the Secret Service to hunt down Sam and Dean Winchester, claiming they were a cult planning to execute the president. Meanwhile, Lucifer slept with Jefferson's aide and lover, Kelly Kline, and conceived a child. Jefferson was freed from possession by Sam and Dean, who used Arthur Ketch's hyperbolic pulse generator to expel Lucifer from him while Rowena seemingly sent Lucifer back to his Cage.
The Secret Service arrived shortly after and took Sam and Dean prisoner, believing they were trying to assassinate the unconscious president. With the death of the Secret Service agents and Jefferson's lack of memory of the events, there are no traces of the "assassination attempt," nor the possession. Life presumably went back to normal for Jefferson.
- Abraham Lincoln
- Harry S. Truman
- John F. Kennedy
- Richard Nixon
- George W. Bush (1-4)
- Barack Obama (4-12)
- Sarah Palin (in a alternate universe 2014)
- Jefferson Rooney (12)
- Lucifer (while possessing Jefferson Rooney) (12)
- Donald Trump (12-14)
- Season 4
- After School Special (mentioned only)
- Season 5
- Season 6
- The Man Who Would Be King (portrait only)
- Season 7
- Season 10
- Season 11
- Season 12
- Season 13
- Supernatural: Bone Key
- In LOTUS, the President of the United States is revealed to be Jefferson Rooney. However, in Time After Time, Dean tells Eliot Ness that in 2012, the president was a black guy. Furthermore, Dean mentions Barack Obama by name in Paper Moon. Jefferson Rooney is presumably Obama's successor.
- Jefferson Rooney is the only fictional president in the series.
- When Rooney was the current president on the show, many references to Trump's campaign slogan were made such as both Crowley and Lucifer saying they are going to "Make Hell great again." This is an allusion towards President Trump's campaign slogan, "Make America Great Again."
- In The Bad Place, Kaia states that her drug dealer was "trying to survive in Trump's America". This indicates that Rooney is no longer the president. However, it is unconfirmed.
- In the non-canon novel Supernatural: Bone Key, President Harry S. Truman was among the ghosts that appeared on Key West due to the influence of demons Fedra and Alberto. During the Gestalt Ritual, Truman's spirit was one of the ones that empowered and aided Dean against the Last Calusa.
- In reality, Donald Trump became president and the successor of Barack Obama. While he hasn't appeared in the series, he autographed a photo for Don Stark.
- No first lady, second lady or vice president has appeared so far.
- In Let the Good Times Roll, Sam reveals that Donald Trump is President and embroiled in another controversy, mirroring the real world. The Apocalypse World Bobby Singer subsequently makes a joke about the Winchesters calling his world Apocalypse World when "that damn fool idjit from The Apprentice" being President was one of the issues Sam warned the refugees about the Main Universe.
- Two of the human Presidents in the series are known to have links to two of the show's Big Bads: Jefferson Rooney was briefly the vessel for the archangel Lucifer while Donald Trump had links to the Leviathan leader Dick Roman as seen in The Girl With The Dungeons and Dragons Tattoo.