The Rakshasa is a mischievous and homicidal imp appearing in "Everybody Loves a Clown".
Dean: Planes crash!
Sam: Yeah, and apparently, clowns kill.
– Sam and Dean, Everybody Loves a Clown
Rakshasas are creatures from Hindu mythology and are very nasty. They eat human flesh, sleep on a bed of dead insects and are great at shapeshifting. A rakshasa cannot enter a house without first being invited. The one in Supernatural appeared as a clown at the fair who would follow children home, get the child to let them into the house and then eat the parents.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Shapeshifting - They can take any form they want.
- Invisibility - They can easily become invisible.
- Invulnerability - They can only be killed by brass.
- Super strength - They are incredibly strong, able to easily over power humans.
- Super senses - They possess incredible hearing, one was able to over hear Dean's entire conversation, despite being outside the range of human hearing distance.
- Super speed - They run really fast.
- Brass - a Rakshasa can be killed with a brass knife. Sam killed the rakshasa in the fun house by breaking off a brass organ pipe and stabbing it with it.
- Invitation - a Rakshasa cannot enter a home without being invited in. The Rakshasa in "Everybody Loves a Clown" combated this by dressing as a clown so that the children would invite it in.
The Rakshasa is disguised as the blind knife thrower who works with the circus. It appears to children as a clown, and, when they invite it into their home, it kills their parents. Ellen tells them the creature can be killed with a knife of pure brass. As it pursues them, it becomes invisible, but Sam manages to kill the Rakshasa with a brass pipe from the organ in the fun house.