Rock Never Dies is the 7th episode of Season 12. It aired on December 1, 2016.
RICK SPRINGFIELD ROCKS OUT AS LUCIFER – Lucifer (special guest star Rick Springfield) realizes that as rock star Vince Vincente, he can get his fans to do whatever he wants. Thrilled with this power, Lucifer arranges to play a secret VIP concert in order to kill all of them. Sam, Dean and Castiel enter the underbelly of the music industry to try to stop him.
Main Cast Edit
- Jared Padalecki as Sam Winchester
- Jensen Ackles as Dean Winchester
- Misha Collins as Castiel
- Mark Sheppard as Crowley
Special Guest StarsEdit
- Woody Jeffreys as Tommy
- Kadeem Hardison as Russel Lemmons
- Crystal Allen as Roseleen Greenfield
- Sandy Sidhu as Constance
- Tony Chris Kazoleas and Scott McNeil as Vince's band mates
Featured Supernatural BeingsEdit
- Sam mentions God's apology to Lucifer, which occurred in We Happy Few. Here, Lucifer reveals that he no longer accepts this apology, believing it to be fake.
- Lucifer reminds Castiel of his time as a vessel, which lasted for most of the second half of season 11.
- Dean mentions that they were last in LA about ten years before to deal with a Vengeful Spirit. This is most likely a reference to season 2's Hollywood Babylon.
- The episode was watched by 1.80 million viewers and got a 0.6 rating.
- This is the second appearance of the Ocean voice actor Scott McNeil, who portrays a band member who is killed by Lucifer. He previously played Benny Sutton in the season 5 episode Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid.
- Dean's phone shows "LURIFEC" as available letters for Dean after he wrote "Twerking" at the beginning of the episode, which is an anagram for Lucifer.
- Dean's phone displays Castiel's caller ID as Cass. In season 11 episode Baby, it was Castiel.
- This episode is set in Los Angeles, California, the same location as Fox's television series Lucifer'. Notably, Lucifer himself joked in The Devil in the Details that once Amara was defeated, he would "go to LA and solve crimes", which is the basis of the series.
- Dean: Why're you doing this?
- Lucifer: Why?
- Sam: You and God made up. You forgave him. What would he think?
- Lucifer: Not especially interested in his opinion. Dear old dad, he finally apologized for abandoning me and what's the very next thing he does? He ditches me. And you two, by the way. And rides off into the sunset with aunty Amara. He needed my help, and he'd say anything to get it. His words, your words they mean nothing. Don't you get it? This is all meaningless. Heaven. Hell. This world. If it ever meant anything that moment is passed. Nothing down here except hopeless distraction addicts. So filled emptiness, so desperate to fill up the void. They don't mind being served another stale rerun of a rerun of a rerun. You know what my plan is? I don't have one. I'm just going to keep smashing daddy's already broken toys, and making you watch.