- Click here to find out more info on how Season 9 will turn out.
- Additional Spoilers!
- Read a juicy plot point here.
- It is rumoured that Lucifer is returning this season. Mark Pellegrino tweeted this on his account.
- Robbie Thompson tweeted these pictures. [1 ] [2 ] These are not indicative of a Gabriel type trickster episode. These are seen every day on the WB Ranch lot in Burbank.
- According to this tweet , Gabriel isn't dead.
- The Ghostfacers may be returning this season. The Ghostfacers are currently the longest surviving characters in the show after the death of Meg last season who previously held the record. Although it would be great to see the boys and their team back next season, it seems likely that they will be the next characters in the firing line.
- Kevin's Mom 's fate is still unknown. Her death scene was not shown on the show, so we are only relying on Crowley's word. Was this just a ploy to get Kevin to crack, or is Mrs Tran really dead?
- Garth to return? Who knows?
S9 spoilers from Comic ConEdit
- “There is a secret that Dean is harbouring from Sam that is going to be one of the bigger issues of the series. There’s always gotta be a wrench thrown in the mix. That being said, there is a massive wrench in the mix, it’s just that Sam doesn’t quite know it yet. So for right now, the brothers are on the same page, but we’ll have to see how long that lasts.” — Jensen Ackles talking about the struggle that Sam and Dean will face in Season 9 @ San Diego Comic Con 2013
- "There is a secret that Sam doesn't know, which really heavily involves Sam. It even has a lot to do with why Sam's still alive. So Dean is just continuing to lie to Sam, and he's hating it every step of the way. And Sam can't really tell so he's like okay well I remember our conversation about teamwork so I'm going to take it as your word. But when Sam finds out, shit's gonna' hit the fan. I hope Sam will understand. I'm sure there will be a time when he does not or he's upset that Dean begged him to stop something and offered honesty and partnership and then brought of the bat this keep a secret. So Sam's inevitably like well you begged me to do something, I could have closed the gates of Hell and you told me you know about trust and now this is the first thing that happens. So, certainly Sam will be upset. But, I like Sam being alive so I hope he forgives him. And we've had a chance to as writers and as actors and as a story, we've had a chance to see what's worked for the show and the fans, and what hasn't worked. And we've done many episodes of both, so I hope we steer more towards what's working which is always the brothers. — Jared Padalecki @ Comic Con 2013
- Well towards the end of the last season, Sam took over the trials to close the gates of Hell. Dean was a little upset about that because he felt it should have been him. He's harboring a lot of guilt because of that. They essentially chose each other instead of that, I think that that guilt is now been replaced with determination. So he feels like he's a bit more in the driver's seat with what's going on. His brother is dealing with the after effects of what he went through and because it took such a toll on him, Dean has had to do some drastic measures, and those drastic measures are probably going to pose a problem in the future but as of right now, it's a band aid and Dean's happy with that. — Jensen Ackles talking about the brother's relationship in season 9 and Sam's health after the events of the season finale @ San Diego Comic Con 2013.