Stuck in the Middle (With You) is the 12th episode of Season 12. It aired on February 16, 2017.
RICHARD SPEIGHT JR. DIRECTS – Mary asks Sam, Dean and Castiel for help on a case she’s working but neglects to mention the British Men of Letters are involved. When Mary is double-crossed, everything is revealed.
- Jared Padalecki as Sam Winchester
- Jensen Ackles as Dean Winchester
- Misha Collins as Castiel
- Mark Sheppard as Crowley
Featured Supernatural BeingsEdit
- Mary seeking help from the British Men of Letters was briefly mentioned at the end of First Blood, when Mick Davies speaks to her at the diner.
- Castiel continues to drive the truck he stole at the beginning of Keep Calm and Carry On.
- Azazel is revealed to be one of four yellow-eyed demons. Previously, the Yellow-Eyed Demon name was attributed only to him.
- Ramiel is revealed to have had the Colt since the defeat of Lucifer in Swan Song. It is now in the hands of the British Men of Letters.
- The Colt appears in the present for the first time since the season 5 episode Abandon All Hope....
- Lucifer previously appeared in LOTUS and is shown to be locked in a different cage in Crowley's throne room.
- This is the most watched episode of Season 12 since the premiere episode, Keep Calm and Carry On with 1.82 million viewers and a 0.7 rating.
- "Stuck in the Middle (With You)" is a reference to the Dylan-esque pop bubble gum favorite of the same name from 1974 by British folk/rock band Stealers Wheel. The song is most famous for its use in Quentin Tarantino's first feature film, Reservoir Dogs The episode also pays homage to Tarantino through the use of non-linear storytelling and the use of title cards in scene transitions.
- This is the second episode directed by Supernatural actor Richard Speight Jr. He previously directed Just My Imagination, which was his directional debut. He is best known for playing the archangel Gabriel.
- This episode is largely an homage to the works of Quentin Tarantino.
- Mark Pellegrino returns as Lucifer's actor for the first since the season 11 episode Hell's Angel.
- Michael is revealed to have created a lance specifically for torturing Lucifer. This implies that Michael held a deep hatred for his younger brother.
- In this episode, its revealed that Crowley tried to offer rule of Hell to Ramiel who was next in line as one of the Princes of Hell. However, Ramiel rejected the offer and instead suggested that Crowley take power instead, seemingly inspiring Crowley to do so.