A rash of strange deaths in the Tahoe National Forest brings Sam Winchester, Dean Winchester, and Bobby Singer to the Sierra Nevada mountains to hunt a monster with a taste for human flesh. Soon walking corpses, bodies with missing organs, and attacks by a mysterious flying creature lead the trio to a cunning and deadly foe which can assume human form. When a blizzard strikes the area, and not knowing who they can trust, they must battle not only the monster but also the elements to survive.
Featured Supernatural BeingsEdit
- Dean remembers killing Amy.
- Sam is shown dealing with his hallucinations through the hand scar.
- Dean remembers Castiel releasing the Leviathans.
- Bobby mentions a Rakshasa and Dean mentions that it might bea clown like last time.
- Dean remembers killing a Wendigo in Blackwater Ridge, Colorado.
- The book says Sam got his hand scar when Dean stabbed him, while in the show he got it after falling on broken glass.
- Antagonists: Jason and the Vampires
- This book is one of the few times in the series where one monster has gone up against another kind of monster when the newly-turned-vampire Jimmy attacked the Aswang.