Tamiel and the other Grigori started out as an elite squad of angels who turned bad and were believed wiped out. However, Tamiel and some of the other Grigori secretly survived and started feeding off of human souls while putting the human into a dream state of their perfect Heaven. Tamiel did this for thousands of years under a variety of different names.
For fifty years prior to 2015, Tamiel set himself up as a faith healer in Tulsa, Oklahoma under the name Peter Holloway, eventually getting Ronnie Cartwright to help him find people who wouldn't be missed to feed on. In 2013, Ronnie brought him Amelia Novak then quit after discovering what Tamiel was really up to. Tamiel fed off of Amelia for two years before her daughter Claire began looking for her, ultimately drawing the attention of Tamiel's brother Castiel who was using Amelia's husband Jimmy as his vessel. When Tamiel learned that hunters were looking for him, he blinded and killed Ronnie for telling them about him. With the help of Sam and Dean Winchester, Claire and Castiel tracked down Tamiel and Castiel and Sam went after him. While Castiel rescued Amelia, Tamiel captured Sam and revealed to him his identity and history as a Grigori before going to the barn. There he found Claire attempting to help her mother escape and Claire repeatedly shot him to no effect. Tamiel attempted to kill Claire with his angel sword, but Amelia sacrificed herself to save her daughter. Sam, Dean and Castiel engaged Tamiel who easily beat all of them before being killed by Claire with his own sword which she kept for herself.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Immortality - At the time of his death, Tamiel was thousands of years old.
- Angelic Possession - Like all angels, Tamiel needed a vessel to interact on Earth. Like other angels, he needed the vessel's permission.
- Sedation - Tamiel could put people to sleep with a touch.
- Perception Altering - Tamiel could put people in dreams of their perfect Heavens and maintain it from a distance except when he fed off of them.
- Soul Feeding - Like all angels, Tamiel could feed on human souls, which increased his power. Instead of absorbing the soul completely like other angels, he cut their arms and drew fragments of the soul into his mouth, slowly draining it. Tamiel indicated that this was inevitably fatal to the victim even if they were rescued and the injuries this caused could not be healed.
- Healing - As an angel, Tamiel was able to heal injuries and illnesses. He healed Ronnie Cartwright's blindness.
- Biokinesis - With just a touch, Tamiel rendered Ronnie Cartwright blind again.
- Invulnerability - As an angel, Tamiel possesses a certain degree of invulnerability. He was completely unhurt when Claire shot him several times with a gun.
- Enhanced Super Strength - Tamiel was incredibly strong, even for an angel. He was able to easily best Sam, Dean and Castiel when they fought him simultaneously despite Castiel being a weakened Seraph, and Dean possessing the Mark of Cain at the time.
- Teleportation - Unlike other angels, Tamiel could teleport even after the Fall.
- Apporting - Tamiel was able to summon his sword.
- Angel Blades - He could be killed with an angel blade.
- Angel Swords - He was killed by his own sword.
- Mark of Cain - Dean with the Mark was able to physically hurt Tamiel.
- Tamiel (or Tumiel), also spelled Tâmîêl, is a fallen angel, the fifth mentioned of the 20 watcher leaders of the 200 fallen angels in the Book of Enoch. His name is usually translated as "perfection of God" (the combination of tamiym - perfect and El - God) but Tamiel is also called either Kasdaye (also Kasdeja, Hebrew meaning "inhabitant of Chaldea") or Kasyade (Hebrew: lit. "covered hand", "hidden power") in the Book of Enoch, Chapter 69. Tamiel taught "the children of men all of the wicked strikes of spirits, the strikes of demons, and the strikes of the embryo in the womb so that it may pass away (abortion), and the strikes of the soul, the bites of the serpent, and the strikes which befall through the noontide heat, which is called the son of the serpent named Taba'et (meaning male)" during the days of Noah, not the days of Jared.
- Tamiel is the second angel to be killed by a human who is not a hunter. The first was the Homeless Angel.