Telekinesis is the ability to move or otherwise exert force on objects or people from a distance and without physical contact. The ability is often used with gestures, other forms of bodily motion. However, it is also used with some form of mental effort, as well as with strong emotion. It is one of the most commonly used supernatural powers in the series. It has been employed by humans through magic like witchcraft and sorcery or from being a psychic or medium. It is one of the notable and commonly employed abilities used by demons. The pagan Deities normally have this power as well. Primordial Entities and Angels also have used this power.
Levels of Telekinesis Edit
Basic Telekinesis Edit
This level of telekinesis is for basic practitioners, who are capable of moving or otherwise exerting force on small to medium sized targets, but usually only what they are able to perceive with physical senses. Offensive and defensive uses including grabbing, pulling, lifting or knocking down a target from a distance, making them glide along the floor as they stand (usually towards the user so they can be physically attacked or restrain), pinning them onto walls without and leaving them suspended against it or sending them flying through the air a great distance.
Advanced Telekinesis Edit
This level of telekinesis is for advanced practitioners, who can exert more extreme and precise amounts of force on targets that cannot normally be perceived (such as organs) and can can even defy extreme forces already exerted on a target (such as the force propelling a bullet). Therefore, users of telekinesis have demonstrating being able to stop bullets or cause internal damage. Advanced users are able to generate more force that basic users, enough to suspend the movements of targets and immobilize them. They are able to torture others by crushing organs or specifically targeting parts of the body, which often resulting in the receiver convulsing and coughing up blood. Their more extreme precision allow them to not inflict lethal or truly debilitating damage, unless they want to. At its highest level one can accomplish amazing feats, such as telekinetically ripping a person apart on the subatomic level, resulting in the target bursting into a spray of blood.
Characters with this abilityEdit
- Max Miller - He could make use of this ability very well, as demonstrated when he used it to kill his father and uncle and later when trying to kill his stepmother in Season 1 episode Nightmare. He also used it on the Winchester brothers before killing himself by pointing a gun at himself and firing it telekinetically, he gained the ability because of Azazel's blood and he is one of the Special Children.
- Sam Winchester (inactive) - He discovered that he could use telekinesis when he had adrenaline rushes, (Nightmare) although he can use it during the Season 4 while high on demon blood (but only on/against Demons), it is one of Sam's natural abilites, but since he has not trained it without the demon blood, it can only be accessed while he is on adrenaline rushes.
- Dean Winchester (formerly) - With the power of the Mark of Cain, Dean displayed telekinesis to pull The First Blade into his hand. He used this twice, pulling the First Blade into his hand to kill Abaddon and then using it to pull it to his hand during his fight with Metatron though that time he still failed to harm his opponent after retrieving the First Blade.
- Deities - Certain deities like Kali and Veritas have been seen to possess this power.
- Angels, Seraphim and Archangels - They rarely use this ability but they have been shown to use it. Castiel, for example, used telekinesis to open Bobby's Panic Room to let Sam escape and Naomi snapped a woman's neck by snapping her fingers. Anna foiled a demon attack by using telekinesis before she had even recovered her memory of being an angel.
- Demons - This ability is the most used ability by demons on screen, it has been used to kill, pin people against walls and many other things.
- Azazel - He had this power as demonstrated in All Hell Breaks Loose, Part 1 as he shows Sam a vision of the night he visited him. He had used telekinesis to pin Mary to the ceiling before having her burst into flames. While pinning her, he exerted enough force to make her completely unable to move or even speak. He has used it on multiple mothers not just Mary. It was first seen when Azazel, possessing John, pins Dean to a wall in Devil's Trap.
- Astaroth - A very powerful telekinetic able to stop a bullet from the Colt, a feat displayed by no one else. Also able to pin Sam and Dean to the wall with no apparent concentration and put force against them enough to make the wall break.
- Lilith - She was extremely powerful with telekinesis, able to throw grown men with a flick of her wrist.
- Ruby - She was able to shut the door of St. Mary's Convent with just a hand gesture.
- Crowley - Is able to pin two people at once to walls, snap a person's neck with his mind, and lift a person to an impressive height. He has shown to be able to telekinetically lift, a future prophet in the air. He then went to tear them apart like a water balloon
- Abaddon - Toys with Sam by flinging him across the room many times in Sacrifice. Pins Dean to a wall in King of the Damned, but he eventually proves immune to her power.
- Cain - Was able to open and close doors with a snap of his fingers. Also able to throw people around with waves of his hand. Even while in a devil's trap, Cain still possessed this power.
- Jesse Turner - He is able to move objects.
- Ghosts - When Sam and Dean went into the spirit realm they found a ghost of a deceased child who taught them how to use this power. It is utilized through intense concentration, but becomes easier with time and practice.
- Whore of Babylon
- Witches (via spells)
- The Darkness
- Demons use this ability quite frequently to pin people against walls and have done so multiple times to stop them from moving.
- Angels use this ability as well but not as often, and it is often more powerful than demons. They also show incredible precision and greater control over this ability.
- Ghosts also display this ability fairly frequently, one of their most displayed powers.
- Most disembodied and incorporeal beings, such as ghosts and primordial beings without vessels, are able to use the ability without being present at the place where their target is, possibly due to being able to perceive beyond their present location and not being limited by a physical body in terms of senses and presence.
- Gestures and general bodily movements are used for this ability even by the most powerful of users, though it is shown that they even less powerful users do not necessarily need to. The most powerful of Primordial Entities, such as God, as well as most other disembodied and incorporeal beings, such as ghosts, have demonstrated using telekinesis by just looking at their target.