Teleportation is the transfer of matter or energy from one point to another without traversing the physical space between them.
The rate or velocity of the various beings by which they teleport don't seem to vary, allowing a character to instantaneously and seamlessly appear or disappear.
Demons can be forced to appear by summoning them and angels can teleport or fly with the use of their wings.
Characters with this abilityEdit
These characters can literally teleport anywhere in existence (although they can be caged, and, according to the reaper Billie, nothing can return from The Empty).
- Death - Death can teleport anywhere he wants.
- God - God can teleport anywhere he wants.
- The Darkness - As God's older sister, she can teleport anywhere she wants.
These characters can teleport around the universe; however, Enochian and other spell plastering can prevent specific beings from entering a place.
- Angels (formerly) - Angels can teleport almost anywhere in the universe. They lost this ability after Metatron's spell burned off their wings.
- Archangels - Archangels can transverse almost anywhere in the universe.
- Cupids (formerly) - Cupids can teleport almost anywhere in the universe. Lost after the Fall.
- Deities - Some pagan deities can teleport almost anywhere in the universe.
- Famine, Pestilence, and War - They can teleport pretty much anywhere they wish.
- Grigori - Grigori can teleport almost anywhere in the universe. They even kept that ability after the Fall.
- Reapers - Reapers can transverse almost anywhere they please.
- Seraphim (formerly) - Seraphim can teleport almost anywhere in the universe. Like most angels, they lost this after the Fall.
- Zanna - Zanna could teleport inside of the Men of Letters bunker. However it should be noted that the Bunker was not locked down at that time.
- Crowley - Crowley, unlike other demons, can freely teleport anywhere on Earth and Hell. However, certain beings such as Cain and Lucifer are able to stop him from doing so.
These characters can teleport anywhere on Earth.
- Daeva - Can be summoned to appear at certain locations through a ritualistic altar and amulet.
- Demons - Some demons can teleport to and from Earth and Hell easily.
- Fairies - On Earth, fairies have been shown to be able to teleport from one location to another in the blink of an eye.
- Ghosts - Most are bound to a particular area, but some are free to go anywhere, usually by appearing and disappearing in a distorted, flickering form.
- Jesse Turner - Jesse can teleport himself anywhere on Earth with a thought.
- Shojo - Able to move from place to place by thought.
- Witches - Through the use of magic, witches can gain the ability to teleport if they are powerful enough.
- Jack - Like his father, he has the ability to teleport.
- Despite being a prominent power in the series, only a handful of teleportations are shown on-screen, such as Azazel in season 1, and God in season 5. In Abandon All Hope, Castiel teleported the boys off-screen while generating a bright white light and a high pitched whining noise, while on other occasions, teleportation for angels was accompanied by the sound of their wings flapping and demons generating no sound at all.
- Teleportation appears to have unpleasant side-effects as shown with Dean's distaste for its effects. In LOTUS, Crowley also told Kelly Kline "this might sting" before teleporting her away.