The Foundry is the 3rd episode of Season 12. It aired on October 27th, 2016.
- Jared Padalecki as Sam Winchester
- Jensen Ackles as Dean Winchester
- Misha Collins as Castiel
- Mark Sheppard as Crowley
- Samantha Smith as Mary Winchester
- Rick Springfield as Vince Vincente and Lucifer
- Ruth Connell as Rowena MacLeod
- Gwenda Lorenzetti as Cheryl Kellinger
- Woody Jeffreys as Tommy
- Cameron Grierson as Hugo Moriarty
- Christian Convery as Lucas Kellinger
- Nancy Kerr as Wendy Vincente
- Kyle Warren as Dave
- Aadila Dosani as Nat
- Nikolai Witschl as Coroner
Featured Supernatural BeingsEdit
- Archangel (Lucifer)
- Seraph (Castiel)
- Crossroad Demon (Crowley)
- The episode was watched by 1.68 million viewers and got a 0.6 rating.
- Mary cuts her hair short in this episode, in order to prevent bad guys from having an advantage of "long, pullable hair".
- Castiel uses the alias Agent Beyonce while he refers to Crowley as Agent Z.
- Writer Robert Berens said the meaning of the title of the episode was "personal".
- Lucifer says his vessel is aging like Keith Richards, while Rowena counters Iggy Pop is worse. They are referring to two famous rock 'n' roll singers, the former being the founder of The Rolling Stones and the latter is the vocalist for The Stooges.
- In the teaser for this episode, Lucifer's additional promise to Vince about healing his sister is present, but not present in the previous episode.
- Mary introduces herself as Agent Shirley Patridge to the coroner. She also introduces Dean as Agent Cassidy and Sam as Agent Bonaduce. This is a reference to the actors on The Partridge Family.
- Dean takes note of a motorcycle in this episode. Its owner is revealed in the following episode.
- The lines were improvised by Jensen Ackles himself.
- In the newspaper article, Hugo Moriarty's daughter is named Josephine, but Sam says, "let's get started with this girl here, Elizabeth Moriarty".
|“|| Castiel: Mary, you do belong here.|
Mary: Goodnight, Castiel.
|“|| Rowena: A druidic glyph. I'm using a hybrid spell of my own device -- Book of the Damned and Celtic magic. It should give your vessel the resiliency and strength of the mightiest tree. |
Lucifer: Oh. There's a woody joke in there somewhere.