The One You've Been Waiting For is the 5th episode of Season 12. It aired on November 10th, 2016.
- Allison Paige as Ellie Grant
- Gil Darnell as Commandant Nauhaus and Adolf Hitler
- Keenan Tracey as Christoph Nauhaus
- Wolfgang Klassen as Fritz
- Matthias A. Brunert as Gottfried
- Michael Rys as Wolfgang
- Nicholas Harrison as Hans
- Charles Siegel as Marvin Brickell
- Colleen Winton as Mrs. Lloyd
- Dustin Lloyd as Nick
Featured Supernatural BeingsEdit
- Aaron Bass previously appeared in Season 8 episode Everybody Hates Hitler.
- This episode features Adolf Hitler and the Thules. The former has been mentioned many times while the latter previously appeared in season 11 episode The Vessel.
- Sam and Dean discuss the idea of Marv being killed by a cursed object and mention that they've encountered antique stores with cursed objects before. This occurred in Season 7's "Out With The Old".
- The episode was watched by 1.70 million viewers and got a 0.6 rating.
- When Dean inspects one of the Nazi mannequins and comments, "Nazis. I hate these guys," he is quoting Indiana Jones from the third movie in the series, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.
- When comforting Ellie about her relation and involvement with Hitler, Sam tries to talk about how he freed Lucifer and was destined to become his vessel. Both events were a major plot in Season 5.
- Unfortunately, Ellie did not believe his story.
- This is the first episode of Season 12 not to feature or refer to Mr. Ketch in any way.
- For the first time, Dean rejects pie, though he asks for one by the end of the episode.
- As Hitler holds a gun to his head, Symphony No. 7 by Gustav Mahler is playing. Mahler's music was banned during the Nazi regime for being 'degenerate', as Mahler himself came from a Jewish family.
- In the flashback when Hitler is about to commit suicide, he is shown preparing to shoot himself in front of the members of his inner circle. The real-life Hitler had, in fact, hid himself in his room with his wife, Eva Braun, and together they committed suicide.
- During interrogation, Christoph reveals intimate details of Ellie's life to reinforce just how much the Thule know about her. At one point, the hostage says, "Running is a major theme in your life." Allison Paige, who plays Ellie, also played Trajectory, a speedster, in The Flash making the statement about running a bit of unintended irony.
- To retaliate Christoph's story, Ellie says her parents traced their lineage all the way back to the Mayflower. The Mayflower is a ship notorious for bringing in the first white settlers to the America, after which the white settlers conquered the land by destroying the natives and their homes.
- The scene where Dean wants to use the grenade launcher appears to be a homage to the same situation in Peter Jackson's "Bad Taste" when Barry tells Ozzy that he can't use the rocket launcher.
- Aaron: We're half through the ledger. I nailed six and the Golem got the rest. It feels good. Finishing what the Judah Initiative started.
- Sam: Your grandfather would be proud.
- Aaron: Yeah, well. Dropping out of college to wipe out Nazi corpse bags wasn't exactly my mother's dream, but what are you gonna do?
- Hitler: I sold ten million copies of Mein Kampf. Imagine what I could do with Twitter!
- Dean: Dude, I killed Hitler!