This article or section contains spoilers for unaired episode(s). Read at your own discretion. Once the episode in question has aired, this tag may be removed.
The Rising Son is the 2nd episode of Season 13. It will air on October 19, 2017.
Sam and Dean begin to explore what Jack is capable of doing with his powers. An unexpected visit from Donatello (guest star Keith Szarabajka) alerts the boys to the fact that Jack will need more protection than the Winchesters can provide. There is a new Prince of Hell in town, Asmodeus (guest star Jeffrey Vincent Parise), and with Lucifer out of the picture, he sets his sights set on Jack.
- Jared Padalecki as Sam Winchester
- Jensen Ackles as Dean Winchester
- Mark Pellegrino as Lucifer
- Alexander Calvert as Jack
- Christian Keyes as Michael
- Jeffrey Vincent Parise as Asmodeus
- Mark Sweatman as Tattooist
- Ryan S. Williams as Commander
- Aubrey Arnason as Bartender
Featured Supernatural BeingsEdit
- Donatello Redfield previously appeared in the Season 11 episode, We Happy Few.
- A Prince of Hell previously appeared in the Season 12 episode, The Future.
- The anti-possession tattoo was previously featured in Season 9 episode, Road Trip.
- This episode marks the first time Lucifer (as portrayed by Mark Pellegrino) has appeared in more than two consecutive episodes.
- This is the first episode since Swan Song to feature two archangels in one episode.
- As of this episode, Jack is the fifth known character to get the anti-possession tattoo with Sam and Dean Winchester, Kevin and Linda Tran being the first four.
- This is the second episode to feature an alternate Archangel, with The End (Season 5) being the first one.
- The CW's official summary for the episode grammatical incorrectly states "he sets his sights set on Jack".
- The episode's title bears similarity with the Supernatural Comic, Supernatural: Rising Son