|“||I've come in answer to your prayers.||”|
Father Thomas Gregory (1969-2007) was a priest who was killed on the church staircase for his car keys. He came back as a vengeful spirit, but thought that he was an angel.
|“||He was a preacher. Passed away right on these steps. (...) He was shot for his car keys.||”|
After his death, he began appearing to people who were drug addicts and had nothing else to live for. He appeared and told them to wait for a sign. When they saw the sign, these people would kill their target. He was first mentioned to Sam and Dean by Father Reynolds. When they go to visit his grave, Thomas came to Sam. Besides Sam passing out and seeing Thomas, Dean discovered a certain plant around the grave which indicated a vengeful spirit.
Later on Sam summoned Thomas's spirit to prove whether or not it was really an angel. To his disappointment, it was just Thomas. Father Reynolds was surprised and yelled at Thomas for what he'd done. Thomas strongly believed he was an angel, but was put to rest by Father Reynolds. Although all the people he targeted were people who committed evil acts (e.g.: murder, rape, 40 year old courting a 13 year old), Dean suggested that as a priest, he may have known they were evil people from confession (this was neither confirmed nor denied) and that he used telepathy to tell who needed to redeem themselves. Father Reynolds and Sam convinced him of the truth and he was put to rest when Father Reynolds performed Last Rites over him.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
|“||I was a man. Now I'm an angel.||”|
Father Thomas was a powerful ghost who thought he was an angel because of his unique abilities and religious influences.
- Photokinesis - Father Thomas was able to produce a powerful yet calming light aura from his being, similar to how Angels manifest without their vessels.
- Mental Influence - Father Thomas was influencing others to kill those who have and were going to do harm to other people.
- Environment Manipulation - Most ghosts have shown to have the ability to manipulate the elements. Father Thomas was shown controlling wind and causing the earth to shake slightly.
- Thermokinesis - Nearly all ghosts can lower or drop the surrounding temperature with their presence.
- Telekinesis - Most if not all ghosts possess the ability to move objects with their minds once they learn how. It is unclear if Father Thomas was using telekinesis to shake the areas of people of visited or if it was more elemental.
- Electromagnetic Interference - All ghosts disrupt nearby electronics with their presence.
- Invisibility - As a ghost, Father Thomas was naturally invisible.
- Intangibility - All ghosts are able to pass through objects and other beings.
- Teleportation - Ghosts can teleport (be able to move in the blink of an eye to other locations).
- Supernatural Perception - After Death, ghosts can see beings that are naturally invisible like Reapers and other Ghosts.