Tricksters are a type of mischievous beings or demideities with the ability to warp reality and make real-looking objects and people out of thin air.
|“||Demigod-like immortal creatures that thrive on creating mischief and mayhem. With the power to make objects materialize out of thin air, the Trickster accomplishes its destructive feats via unusual and often humorous means, its intent to humble the self-important. The Trickster's metabolism is such that it craves sugary treats and consumes calories voraciously. To kill a Trickster one must obtain a stake dipped in the blood of its victim and plunge it into the creature's heart. Famous Tricksters include Loki of Scandinavian myth and Anansi of West Africa.||”|
— Pad of Definitions
in Tall Tales
|“||These things create chaos and mischief as easy as breathing. They're more like Demigods, really. There's Loki in Scandinavia. There's Anansi in West Africa. Dozens of them. They're immortal, and they can create things out of thin air, things as real as you and me. Make them vanish just as quick. Tricksters target the high and the mighty, knock 'em down a peg, usually with a sense of humor -- deadly pranks, things like that... They're lots of things, but human, mostly.||”|
in Tall Tales
Tricksters are rather rare but their powers are greater than most beings; they are able to warp reality, create people and objects out of thin air and create time loops. According to Bobby, they can take the form of anything but most of the time they appear as humans. They generally have a sweet tooth, and enjoy sugary treats. They commonly have a mischievous personality, and generally go after the high and mighty, and enjoy taking them down a peg, normally in ironic ways.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
Even though the only Trickster that appeared on the series was actually an archangel, Bobby gave examples of some of the powers of a real Trickster, as he said himself, "They're immortal, and they can create things out of thin air, things as real as you and me. Make them vanish just as quick."
- Reality Warping - Tricksters can warp reality to some degree.
- Conjuration - Tricksters can create anything out of thin air, whether it be people or objects.
- Immortality - Tricksters can live forever and don't age.
- Shapeshifting - Tricksters are able to change their form at will.
- Stakes - A stake of wood dipped in the blood of a Trickster's victim, then stick in the heart of this same Trickster, is one way to kill him.
- Anansi (mentioned in Tall Tales and Bobby Singer's Guide to Hunting)
- Huehuecoyotl (tie-in books only)
- Season 2
- Tall Tales (mentioned, Gabriel impersonating one)
- Season 3
- Mystery Spot (mentioned, Gabriel impersonating one)
- Season 5
- Season 13
- Scoobynatural (referenced only)
- Bobby Singer's Guide to Hunting (Anansi,mentioned only)
- Supernatural: Coyote's Kiss (Huehuecoyotl)
- While there are tricksters in non-canon, it is unknown if tricksters actually exist in canon.