This leprechaun was summoned to Elwood, Indiana, by Mr. Brennan, who was unaware of the price of summoning fairies or that fairies always "come to stay". As a result, all first-born sons of the whole town are abducted, including Brennan's own. The leprechaun then poses as a UFO-specialist and when Sam and Dean come to interview him, he claims to have been studying aliens for over 30 years.
Eventually, Dean gets kidnapped which leads Sam to interview Wayne again, but Wayne proves to "suck" at hunting aliens. When Sam and Mr. Brennan begin preparing the spell that will banish all the fairies back, Wayne appears and kills Mr. Brennan, and reveals himself to be a leprechaun.
He and Sam then engaged in a fight, in which Wayne easily overpowered him. However, Sam managed to incapacitate him by spilling salt, forcing the fairy to count each grain. This gave Sam time to finish the spell, which sent all the fairies back to their realm.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
While posing as a human, he displayed no powers. When discovered, he didn't hesitate to exploit his power.
- Teleportation - He could appear and disappear here and there in the blink of an eye.
- Super strength - He fought off Sam, smacking, throwing, and beating him.
- Invisibility - He could not be seen by humans unless he chose to, or by those who have been to Avalon.
- Reality Warping - Much like a Crossroads demon, Wayne was able to make deals with humans so that they may fulfill their wishes. However, unlike the denizens of Hell, fairies do not desire souls. In this particular case, Wayne desired first-born sons, although the reason why was not made expressly clear. He also seemed to be incredibly powerful, employing what he called "real magic." He claimed to be able to lift Sam's soul from the Cage, and scoffed when Sam mentioned that not even angels could accomplish that.
- Iron - Iron can cause him great pain for him, but he could simply shrug it off.
- Silver - Silver, being able to hurt dark fairies, can hurt him. It seemed to have a stronger effect, as touching Sam's silver knife caused him to suffer burn wounds.
- Salt - Not being able to beat him any other way at hand, Sam spilt salt, as literally all fairies, no matter how powerful, are compelled to count each grain. Wayne could not resist counting the salt even as Sam was reciting a spell to banish him.
- Death's Scythe - It can kill anything.
- The leprechaun's real name is unknown, as "Wayne Whittaker Jr." was an alias.