|“||"Dexter. I expressly forbid you! Enough!"||”|
Whitman continued to live in isolation until his death at the age of 40, after which he became a ghost that haunted his old house and kept the ghosts of his victims around for amusement and to prolong his own existence.
Numerous disappearances caused by Whitman's murders lead four hunters: Sam, Dean, Bobby and Annie Hawkins to investigate. Although Whitman successfully kills Annie, she and the ghost of Bobby Singer work together with Sam and Dean behind the scenes in order to uncover the truths behind the disappearances and the hauntings.
When Bobby Singer attempts to put his victims to rest, Whitman attempts to destroy Bobby's soul, but Sam and Dean manage to burn Whitman's bones before he can succeed. Bobby and Annie also locate the remains of Whitman's victims which Whitman had hidden in his room.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
As a ghost, he naturally possessed all of the innate ghost powers. However, he was at least one of the most powerful ghosts to ever exist, and was thus extremely dangerous ghost as he possessed abilities not demonstrated by any other ghosts previously seen.
- Invisibility - He could only be seen when he so chose to, otherwise he could not be seen by humans, but could be detected by an EMF meter.
- Super Strength - He proved to be able to physically deal with humans easily, he tossed and punched Sam and Dean around.
- Intangibility - Like all ghosts, he was not physical and could walk through walls. As he was so powerful, he could stick his arm inside humans or even other ghost's bodies, initially causing them great discomfort, but eventually they fell dead.
- Teleportation - Able to move from place to place in the blink of an eye
- Telekinesis - Could move objects with his mind, he made the car Dean was driving speed up, and a door slam behind Annie.
- Electronic Manipulation - Able to cause flash lights to flicker.
- Soul Control - Was able to trap the spirits of his victims within his house.
- Soul Absorption - Was able to drain all other souls of their energy, destroying them and granting him even greater power.