|Status||Deceased (killed by Prometheus)|
|Affiliation:|| Greek pantheon|
|Portrayed by:||John Novak|
Zeus appeared as a middle aged adult man. His attire was of formal and business appearance.
Like virtually all gods, Zeus was cruel and arrogant. He punished Prometheus for bringing fire to humanity by chaining him to a mountain and cursing him to die and have his liver eaten by an eagle every day. This showed that Zeus cared nothing for the well-being of humans, only wishing to rule the world. He believed that his actions were for the good of the god race. He blamed Prometheus for the gods' fall from grace and power and held an overwhelming hatred for him.
Zeus proved to be unyielding and unwilling to negotiate unless he had the upper hand. Zeus showed the ability to remain calm even when trapped and surrounded with at least three stakes that could kill him.
Zeus was also sadistic. He was going to kill Oliver, Prometheus' seven year old son, over and over again for all eternity and later stated that he was going to put the boy on the same mountain as his father just to make Prometheus suffer. He admitted that he enjoyed watching Prometheus die.
Powers and Abilities
As a god, Zeus possessed several abilities common to his kind, however as the king of the Olympian gods, he was very powerful, more so than most pagan gods.
- Immortality - Zeus was over 6,000 years old and retains the appearance and health of a middle-aged man. He has an infinite lifespan and is not subject to old age.
- Super Strength - As head god among the Olympians, Zeus was stronger than average, he brutally beat Prometheus with his bare hands almost to the point of unconsciousness.
- Telekinesis - He seemed very proficent at this, as he tortured, overpowered, and moved Prometheus using this power with little to no effort.
- Invulnerability - Zeus was not subject to disease or any other natural causes of death.
- Electrokinesis - As the Greek god of the sky and thunder, he had the ability to generate lightning bolts. He used this offensively on multiple occasions, and to torture Prometheus
- Cursing - He was able to curse Prometheus so that he would die every day, and then resurrect physically healed so the curse would continue. The curse could also be inherited by Prometheus' offspring. Consequently, he was also capable of lifting the same curse. However, the curse was tied to Zeus being alive and was broken by his death.
- Biokinesis - Zeus seemed to have some measure of this ability, as he was able to choke Hayley simply by turning his wrist. However, it seems he would need to focus in order to use this, as she recovered once he focused on something else.
- A Wooden Stake- that specifically made from a tree struck by lightning, could kill him.
- Divine Weaponry - The blade of Artemis as well as her bow could kill him.
- Symbol of Infinity - The Symbol of Infinity could imprison Zeus, much like a Devil's Trap could for demons.
- The First Blade - Can kill any known being.
- Death's Scythe - Can kill anything.
- Higher Beings - Higher beings such as God, The Darkness, Archangels and Death can easily kill Zeus.
After learning that Prometheus' son Oliver was cursed with the same immortality as his father, Sam and Dean summoned Zeus into a trap in order to force him to break the curse or die as they knew how to kill him. Zeus agreed to break the curse if they break the trap, but they refuse as they don't believe him. However, Hayley broke the trap, desperate to save her son. Instead, Zeus stunned everyone and summons Artemis to deal with Sam and Dean while he made up for lost time by killing Prometheus over and over again and doing the same to his son to make him feel pain. As he was about to kill Oliver, Artemis, who was secretly in love with Prometheus, intervened and threatened Zeus with one of her arrows which could kill immortals. Zeus refused to stop and Artemis, lamented he was no longer the father she knew, fired on him. However, Zeus pulled Prometheus in front of the arrow, mortally wounding him and he taunted his old enemy about how much he enjoyed seeing him die. Prometheus took the opportunity to shove the arrow through himself into Zeus, killing the god in a blast of electricty. After briefly mourning Prometheus' permanant death, Artemis disappeared with Zeus' body and the curse on Oliver was broken.
- Zeus was the only pagan deity so far to blame his pantheon's downfall to an event other than the arrival of the Abrahamic faiths. Instead, he blamed their decline to the theft of fire by Prometheus as a gift to mankind (possibly because he lost the majority of his followers before most of the faiths arrived).
- Artemis' comment that "you were once my father but now you're someone else" indicates that Zeus may not have always been so sadistic and vindictive and that it was something that developed over time.